Where to find stock replacement props?

Reaction score
Does anyone have tips on a good place to either order or purchase stock propellers?

If I were you I'd get a couple pairs of the Master Airscrew props before spending more on a set of stock. I've seen proof on YouTube that the MA actually are easier on the motor pods due to them requiring less voltage which also equals longer flight times. Check em out, 2 pair for $34 shipped is more than worthwhile!

I've tried those, it wouldn't even lift off, just turn over n crash. Is there a proper way or tightness to install those?

I've tried those, it wouldn't even lift off, just turn over n crash. Is there a proper way or tightness to install those?
I've actually heard that simply gluing the prop nuts in place on the props helps to ensure that they are seated fully. I would agree with the fact that they are not as easy as the stock props as far as proper installation goes, but you can almost tell by just looking at them that they are better made. That's my opinion anyway, but I know others who share this thinking. If they are causing your bird to crash right away it's safe to say you most likely didn't seat them fully. I like to actually hold a finger on top of the nut while spinning the motor until it is fully seated.

then, and no offense meant, you didn't install them properly.
The MA's are absolutely perfect props for the solo.

I'm just going to assume you didn't install them properly because thats the only answer I can think of.

If you still have some stock props, match them up with the MA props you have.
Take notice of the blade direction and install the proper blade to the proper motor.

Reactions: Trader J
then, and no offense meant, you didn't install them properly.
The MA's are absolutely perfect props for the solo.

I'm just going to assume you didn't install them properly because thats the only answer I can think of.

If you still have some stock props, match them up with the MA props you have.
Take notice of the blade direction and install the proper blade to the proper motor.
I'd even go as far to say that the MA props should have been used as stock props by 3DR for the Solo, they seem to outperform the stock props immensely. I think they might even be cheaper than the stock props unless I'm mistaken.

I'd even go as far to say that the MA props should have been used as stock props by 3DR for the Solo, they seem to outperform the stock props immensely. I think they might even be cheaper than the stock props unless I'm mistaken.

Cheapest I've seen for stock props is $21 for a pair, so thats $42 for a full set
the MA props is $17 and change for all 4, a nice carry bag, etc.

Reactions: Trader J
Cheapest I've seen for stock props is $21 for a pair, so thats $42 for a full set
the MA props is $17 and change for all 4, a nice carry bag, etc.
I've seen the stock props for as low as $13.99 a pair recently, but two pair with their own carry bag and cleaning cloth for only $34 shipped was a no brainer for me! That was actually before I realized that they will outperform the stock props. I think I might have to sell the 3pair of stock props I have, but I am still considering investing in a set of prop guards for use in what I would consider "danger zones" which if I do so I will be forced to keep a set of the stock since the guards won't work with the MA. Now I'm thinking of buying a 3D printer for some of the great parts available for download and printing for the Solo, which I have seen the prop guards on. I actually found one that looks decent for only $100 on eBay. I may have to design a different type of landing gear for my Solo as I don't care for the current design, especially the front legs possibly being in my camera shots! I've seen the Relish 3d "sliders" and I just don't care for the look of them. We'll see what I can come up with. I'm still impressed tho by the fact that the Solo is so capable of add-ons and personal touches.

I'm thinking about getting a nice printer myself.
lots of stuff out there to print when ever its needed.

I'm thinking about getting a nice printer myself.
lots of stuff out there to print when ever its needed.
I know this, and that is why I was saying if I do go with the prop guards I will have to keep the stock set. Thanks for the heads up tho...I suppose it doesn't hurt to let others reading this thread know about that fact.

I know this, and that is why I was saying if I do go with the prop guards I will have to keep the stock set. Thanks for the heads up tho...I suppose it doesn't hurt to let others reading this thread know about that fact.

i realized what I said was redundant, so I edited it. You must have read what I wrote initially, and quoted be after I edited the post. ;)
yeah the PP guards don't work with MA props which sorta sucks.

i realized what I said was redundant, so I edited it. You must have read what I wrote initially, and quoted be after I edited the post. ;)
yeah the PP guards don't work with MA props which sorta sucks.
I wonder if it would be possible to alter the 3d print file so as to create prop guards that will work with the MA props? That'd be nice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea