Where to buy propellers?

Real question here may sound stupid but I want to put a mini winch on my 3dr solo.

Any ideas ?
Yes, start with the search function. If that doesn't yield a satisfsctory answer, start a separate 'winch' thread.

How do I know which propellers to get from master air screw ? Could I use the wooden ones ? Lol

Real question here may sound stupid but I want to put a mini winch on my 3dr solo.

Any ideas ?

I don't know about the winch buddy..,
I'd does sound cosmetically cool (to look at it),
But if you are interested in wood propellers,
contact Master Airscrew and let them know about it.
They might have a very professional opinion since that
Is their specialty my friend..!
Fly safe. Enjoy your solo!
Happy flying guys.

I don't know about the winch buddy..,
I'd does sound cosmetically cool (to look at it),
But if you are interested in wood propellers,
contact Master Airscrew and let them know about it.
They might have a very professional opinion since that
Is their specialty my friend..!
Fly safe. Enjoy your solo!
Happy flying guys.

The winch is something I'm interested in for small tool drop offs to construction sites

The winch is something I'm interested in for small tool drop offs to construction sites

Why would you need a winch for that? Changing you Solo's altitude performs the same function. I think what you really want is a payload release mechanism. I dont think there is one made specifically for the Solo, but there are lots of ideas out there for homemade ones that use a RC servo. There are also manual release plates that look like a little maze. You just rock your drone side to side to release the load. You could probably 3D print one pretty easy. No idea how well they work. Good luck.

That's sickkk!!!
Yea I gues I just wanted to do little missions with my little ones ,
Flying there Batman, flying above them and lowering batman to them and things like that

If anyone knows how to make something like this email me [email protected]
Let's discuss something . I saw where phantom has a winch people use for carp fishing! Pretty dope

I still don't understand the whole wanting to install a winch. Isn't that what the left stick is for?
If you want to lower something to somebody else just attach it to the Solo at the end of a long line and bring the aircraft down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't understand the whole wanting to install a winch. Isn't that what the left stick is for?
If you want to lower something to somebody else just attach it to the Solo at the end of a long line and bring the aircraft down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just the idea of lowering and raising like a cargo bob lol.

Hey got propeller guards for the blades but they are rubbing ?

I hear the clearance on the prop guards is tight. Consider just bending them down a bit with your hand to increase the clearance.
I dont use prop guards, they are more likely to catch your solo in a tree or worse, hit a prop in flight. Only reason I see to use them is if I HAD to fly close to people. Then the risk would be worth it.
I've read too many folks who had issues with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the subject has changed but after fly manual through the wood on return trip hit a limb broke a prop so decided to try my master air screw props as someone said before , quieter, and fly very nice much better than stock . Well worth the 18 dollars. Also installed mro GPS mod ,21 sats 15 ft off the ground, well worth the 80 bucks. Fpvlr antennas didn't help like I thought they would,2250 ft , I got 1800 ft with stock in same place. I've seen people claim 6000 ft and more. I'm just not holding my mouth right I guess.Look cool on my controller though.

I know the subject has changed but after fly manual through the wood on return trip hit a limb broke a prop so decided to try my master air screw props as someone said before , quieter, and fly very nice much better than stock . Well worth the 18 dollars. Also installed mro GPS mod ,21 sats 15 ft off the ground, well worth the 80 bucks. Fpvlr antennas didn't help like I thought they would,2250 ft , I got 1800 ft with stock in same place. I've seen people claim 6000 ft and more. I'm just not holding my mouth right I guess.Look cool on my controller though.

The range you can fly is heavily influenced by the noise floor in the area you are flying. Remember, the Solo is trying to hear the controller on the same frequency as everyone's WiFi. As is often said, "Your mileage may vary".

how come 2 weeks ago propellers at best buy were 4 dollars for 2 ? now they are 22 for 2 ? sounds like i bought this drone at the wrong time....... love the drone but the company surrounding it has nothing for the drone and not much support !!!

If you are still looking for a deal on propellers for your Solo, try this link, one of the best that I have found for Solo and Blade Chroma.
Master Airscrew Propellers

Hey, Bstandley,

Come on :) why would you like to have wooden props on your Solo?
I do agree with the rest, Master Airscrew is the way to go!
Will send some more photos for comparison with other props soon.

3DR Solo Propellers – Master Airscrew

Best

IMG_8451 - Copy.JPG IMG_8452 - Copy.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea