Where to buy propellers?

Reaction score
how come 2 weeks ago propellers at best buy were 4 dollars for 2 ? now they are 22 for 2 ? sounds like i bought this drone at the wrong time....... love the drone but the company surrounding it has nothing for the drone and not much support !!!

but you got a deal on the drone thou @ 299 ......right ??? Beats paying DJI prices.....

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyXlsa
I recall Chuck saying he was still flying on his original props. With care, they should last. Props aren't going to be hard to find in the future IMHO. Batteries will be more precious.

I have 6 batteries for 2 drones....i believe that's enough....

Hell of a deal!!!
Solo is my go-to drone now no video lag or glitchy which DJI said was because of my device might be true but no probs with soloandgopro I have less money in GoPro and solo than I do in my phantom 3 which is useless in FPV
Does suck best buy sold out of props guess I should of bought more when I seen them on the shelf there is another company that makes them in 11 inch I read they are good

Hell of a deal!!!
Solo is my go-to drone now no video lag or glitchy which DJI said was because of my device might be true but no probs with soloandgopro I have less money in GoPro and solo than I do in my phantom 3 which is useless in FPV
Does suck best buy sold out of props guess I should of bought more when I seen them on the shelf there is another company that makes them in 11 inch I read they are good
where do you guys get your props??

I have 2 sets of originals....thats it.....

site scan props are $20 for a set of 2. I guess since 3dr slapped a new name on the solo and camera and now charging $12,000 for the kit they can raise the price of props as well. I just bought some APC props. have yet to use them but I too am wondering why I cant get oem props for $7.99 anymore.

...... love the drone but the company surrounding it has nothing for the drone and not much support !!!
Research is best-served prior to purchase. You've got to figure that if a $2K drone package is now $300, there has to be a reason. 3DR support is dwindling and will be totally gone... sooner, than later. Factory parts will become more scarce, though 3rd-party suppliers will keep Solo flying. As Solo gets longer in the tooth, it will require more and more hacking and tinkering. For many of us here, that works for us. If it ain't your thing, you nay be living on borrowed time.

get a couple sets of the MA props and then buy the PolarPro prop guards. You should never need another prop with the guards ;)

Decided to try out my MA props even though its dark outside. A reprieve from the rains here so I put a battery through the props.
They are quieter. This little solo handles the wind like a champ. The clouds were flying by overhead.

I don't have enough time on the stock props and these MA props to say if one has more performance than the other or if one is more efficient, but that will come with time.
Perhaps this weekend I can do some rough timing of a flight with the MA's and a flight with the stock props to see if there is any indication of a slightly longer or shorter flight time either way.
stay tuned.

Gotta love the mRO gps too. Congested area with houses, hills and lots of tree's and I start out with 13 sats pretty quickly.
I can't get my other Solo with a Rev B to get a low enough HDOP to fly in the same driveway location that the mRO works like a champ at.

I think I am going to order up a couple more sets of the MA props just for spares and to tuck them away before they become unobtainium.

Reactions: Travelfox
Decided to try out my MA props even though its dark outside. A reprieve from the rains here so I put a battery through the props.
They are quieter. This little solo handles the wind like a champ. The clouds were flying by overhead.

I don't have enough time on the stock props and these MA props to say if one has more performance than the other or if one is more efficient, but that will come with time.
Perhaps this weekend I can do some rough timing of a flight with the MA's and a flight with the stock props to see if there is any indication of a slightly longer or shorter flight time either way.
stay tuned.

Gotta love the mRO gps too. Congested area with houses, hills and lots of tree's and I start out with 13 sats pretty quickly.
I can't get my other Solo with a Rev B to get a low enough HDOP to fly in the same driveway location that the mRO works like a champ at.

I think I am going to order up a couple more sets of the MA props just for spares and to tuck them away before they become unobtainium.
I guess one quick and easy test would be to take them out on a calm day and fly each set of props in a hover for a couple minutes quickly back to back. Check the Tlogs for wattage drawn. Wattage, being a larger number would be easier to detect small differences over amperage.

Masterairscrew is the place I'm trying figure out why this 3dr solo is so awesome just can't believe it!!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Master airscrew
Set of 4 $17.99
I have not need to use them yet but read they fly nice so bought some
Plus one for these propellers. I can tell the flight is smoother and quieter. I even managed to crash (lost signal? Flying low under a bridge...) into concrete column, anyway they held up well and didn't shatter. Even with scratches and minor chips on the tips the bird still flew well after a quick checkup.

Ps. Don't fly under a bridge. Don't use chipped propellers.

Masterairscrew is the place I'm trying figure out why this 3dr solo is so awesome just can't believe it!!!

I agree.They got a rap at the beginning nothing but smiles for me.Knock on wood!!!

where do you guys get your props??
Just ordered upgraded props from Master Airscrew... Since I've used that brand on my bigger Rc gas and electric planes for the past 12-15 years , think they should do good .

How do I know which propellers to get from master air screw ? Could I use the wooden ones ? Lol

Real question here may sound stupid but I want to put a mini winch on my 3dr solo.

Any ideas ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc