When did they change the rules here?

Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
Just checked the current rules in Canada before flying my Solo here.
In the last year:
They've reduced the maximum altitude to 300 ft.
They've increased the minimum distance to airports to 5 Nautical miles (it was 5 km)
Here's the big one: You can't fly it within 500 ft of people. They don't specify whether or not those people are involved with the drone's operation, as they do in Australia. Also in Australia, it is only 100' I believe.

Don't know how I missed these! At least I don't see any "No national parks" restriction:
https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca-opssvs/dos-and-donts-flying-drone-safely-legally.pdf

They are banned in national parks for recreational use by Parks Canada. They may be allowed under special circumstances for things such as research or commercial filmmaking.

Reactions: DattaGroover
Good to know, thanks. You'd think they would post that on their drone rules page. At least I didn't get caught ;)

It's not on the Transport Canada page because it's a Parks Canada rule. Unfortunately, not only do you need to be aware of Transport Canada rules and regulations, you also need to be aware of your provincial, county, city and town rules and regulations.

It's not on the Transport Canada page because it's a Parks Canada rule. Unfortunately, not only do you need to be aware of Transport Canada rules and regulations, you also need to be aware of your provincial, county, city and town rules and regulations.
Great info, thanks. I'm used to Australia and the U.S. and need to be careful not to assume.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44