What's the latest wisdom on gimbal installation?

Reaction score
Finally got a gimbal! :) Too late to fly tonight but I have the battery tray out and the gimbal installed. Haven't put it back together yet. Just wondering if I missed anything lately on tips and tricks for cable routing, keeping everything clear of the motors, centering of the main hub, etc...

I know for a while there were some conflicting methods being posted. Just wondering what has worked best for those with successful gimbal installations.

It seems that with the latest software update, as long as you have the yaw motor centered and the wires decently routed, there should not be a problem. This is how it has been for me at least. The update fixed everything...

Happy flying!

I would still form the wires to cause least pull on the gimbal, and tape/glue/tie wrap the hdmi cable up in front.

It seems that with the latest software update, as long as you have the yaw motor centered and the wires decently routed, there should not be a problem. This is how it has been for me at least. The update fixed everything...

Happy flying!
How do you determine if the yaw motor is centered?

remove the battery tray and look inside, make sure it is centered and not touching any wires.
oh, you meant centered between the four mounts (z-axis) and concentric to the u-shaped cutout. I was hoping there was a y-axis center mark that showed center front to back.

Wishlist: A separate gimbal calibration procedure to define centerpoints.

An easier way would be flip the solo upside down on a flat table, the pan axis part should be centered in the opening. If its offset in any direction then the wires is pushing against the solo interior body. Now flip it sideways, top down and bottom down. The gravity should pull it stright down, if not wire is interfering with the gimbal movement. This is just a quick way to check if its center properly.
I think in the end you will open up the battery tray to shape the gimbal data cable. Its just way easier to access the cables.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado