What tips do you have for me?

Solo is my first quadcopter and I was wondering if you guys/girls had any tips for me.
Lot's of good information just reading through the threads. But here might be a good start for you..
http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/new-pilot-to-3dr-tips.846/

After that, feel free to ask what you are not sure of or don't understand. Take it slow and read the manual. Start in a wide open area, and not in a busy neighborhood with a lot of WiFi and GPS interference.

Reactions: Alexvtt
Very helpful! And I also have been seeing some YouTube videos of police officers harassing people for flying their Quadcopters. Any laws or anything I should be worried about? I'm located in Portland, Oregon.

Very helpful! And I also have been seeing some YouTube videos of police officers harassing people for flying their Quadcopters. Any laws or anything I should be worried about? I'm located in Portland, Oregon.
Laws regarding drones are a touchy subject with a great deal of variance from place to place. There are obvious off limits like within 5mi of an airport, Natl Parks, etc. But the problem come in when local governments try to regulate them In actuality, state and local governments can really only regulate where you take off and land. Once you are in the air, only the FAA has authority to govern, and even that is questionable and debatable so I won't go into that here as it has been beaten to death. But here may be a good starting point.. http://dronelawjournal.com/

Learn to fly in manual in a wide open space. Change your "A" button to manual. You may need it some day. Getting to it quick, and knowing how it will act when you do can be a life (Solo) saver.

Change the RTH altitide to 150 ft or higher (the value is measured in CM so make it 4500).

Don't get cocky after you get the hang of it. THAT is when you crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexvtt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela