What is switching on MNT_STAB_PAN ?

VCD

Reaction score
I am flying with a payload that requires servo stabilisation, having MNT_STAB_PAN=1 causes problems, so I switch it off (0) - reboot solo, then it's back on.. I do not know what is doing that , the controller, or a script onboard ?

The solo's companion computer will overwrite parameters on the pixhawk that require a certain value for the Solo and it's components to operate properly. I couldn't tell you what that is being used for on the solo, but I would presume something to do with the gimbal.

after having configured 2-axis servo gimbal, all rc min/max pwm's , RC6_OPT , MNT parameters, that's the only thing to change on reboot - no other settings I changed are modified.
I find that rather strange. :)

I agree it's strange. I don't know why they have that one being overwritten. But I can tell you there is no means to disable it being overwritten today.

I failed to find any reference to it in the py files , so the solution will be to have some code correct it.
the Solo autopilot source have been improved several times, last in November, do you know if people are compiling/using it ? (I could just modify it right in the AP code..)

Do you mean Arducopter master 3.4? You cannot run that on the Solo's pixhawk. Awful things happen. Numerous people are trying to overcome that so master Arducopter can run on the Solo. Just not there yet. If you mean the Solo's custom fork of AC3.2, I don't believe anyone has used anything other than what came with the last firmware update push to FW3.2.1-6

Where on the Solo's directory tree do you put that file to get it uploaded to the pixhawk? Or are you loading it to the pixhawk from Mission Planner?

Other than a crash, the worst case is you roll back to the firmware sitting in /firmware/loaded.

I had a chance to fly/test with 1.5.2 today--worked great! Flew for close to 40 minutes total with no issues. Standard stuff: auto takeoff/land, manual takeoff/land, return to home, pause button, selfie, cable cam, spherical pano, video, pictures and Fly:Manual. Used Solo app and Solex. Even though I tested nothing complicated or difficult, I give Release 1.5.2 a big thumbs up.

Reactions: fliersguy
I failed to find any reference to it in the py files , so the solution will be to have some code correct it.
the Solo autopilot source have been improved several times, last in November, do you know if people are compiling/using it ? (I could just modify it right in the AP code..)

I looked in the code and cannot determine where/if this is hard coded. Have you tried using APM Planner 2 to save your parameters? In the past, I've had Mission Planner not save values and APM Planner 2 does and vice versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea