What is strapped to my new Solo?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here - just bought a Solo in an auction yesterday. It has some sort of diy contraption connected to the bottom - any ideas what it might be?

Will be researching firmwares and using an aftermarket gimbal I already have, so any pointers there would be really helpful as well!
6f495310ae43911bbc0006f11218cb21.jpg
92aa83fc05419656ffa09312a039d59b.jpg
b059863aa6c82271910b4ab3578db29c.jpg
70f2d26c6afab0d563d9f4a9cb1d059d.jpg

Almost certainly a prototype obstacle avoidance system, as Just Bruce said. If you search for LSS POD and Rambus, which is silk screened on the PCB attached to the Raspberry Pi, you get to this YouTube video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Raspberry Pi is likely being used to run the software for the sensing board and transmit data to the ground over it's wifi connection. Looks like an interesting find, although trying to pick up where whoever put it together left off would probably be difficult.

Almost certainly a prototype obstacle avoidance system, as Just Bruce said. If you search for LSS POD and Rambus, which is silk screened on the PCB attached to the Raspberry Pi, you get to this YouTube video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Raspberry Pi is likely being used to run the software for the sensing board and transmit data to the ground over it's wifi connection. Looks like an interesting find, although trying to pick up where whoever put it together left off would probably be difficult.
Thank you! This is super helpful. I've worked with Arduino quite a but but never Raspberry Pi... now I'm going to have to at least look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44