What can be done to improve the hover stability?

I think numerous people have done that, although I can't say they did in that specific order. I'm not sure how that would fix vibrations though? Did you log vibration AFTER the calibration and see that it went away?
Before and after.
Right side after a level cal.
Wind was about the same ~5m/sec
HDOP and sat count was equally good.
Both videos are at 2x speed to make drifting more visible.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Something is definitely a fowl in 2.4 firmware. Seems like EKF is jacked up even though they rolled it back. I did a stick compass and level and it flew great. Went out yesterday and it was all over the place again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is definitely a fowl in 2.4 firmware. Seems like EKF is jacked up even though they rolled it back. I did a stick compass and level and it flew great. Went out yesterday and it was all over the place again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.4 or the new beta?

Here is my Solo #2. original Rev A GPS module and completely stock. No mods, spacers, etc. Running FW 2.4 and Android 2.3 Light wind. Controller in the back seat while I filmed with my cell phone.

Perfectly acceptable in my opinion..
Looks to be stable? next time have a back drop, Tree, House or pretty girl in Bikini . i prefer the Bikini

Reactions: Maddog
Before and after.
Right side after a level cal.
Wind was about the same ~5m/sec
HDOP and sat count was equally good.
Both videos are at 2x speed to make drifting more visible.

I got to lever her out 1 more time... Solo I mean LOL

@fpvsteve, How many flights do you have in after doing the calibration? Do you have a log of the vibration afterwards?
Here you go:
Log after level cal. vibes are completely within threshold now and Solo flies stable over the past 5 flights. (ignore the failsafe error - I switched off the controller before I powered down Solo) Key question however is were the high vibes before caused by the drifting or is the drifting caused by the high vibes?
vibaftercal.JPG

Reactions: pyrate
Just saw this thread as I was searching for motor swaps and realized I have the exact same drifting problem. It started after I updated to 2.4. Not only does it drift feet in each direction at hover, but it also has a noticeable vibration and the motors seem to be getting super hot. It was flying great up until the update. Has there been a fix from 3DR, yet? I also recalibrated everything after the update.

Just saw this thread as I was searching for motor swaps and realized I have the exact same drifting problem. It started after I updated to 2.4. Not only does it drift feet in each direction at hover, but it also has a noticeable vibration and the motors seem to be getting super hot. It was flying great up until the update. Has there been a fix from 3DR, yet? I also recalibrated everything after the update.
Hot motors and vibrations have nothing to do with the firmware. Balance your props and check your motor bearings.

Hot motors and vibrations have nothing to do with the firmware. Balance your props and check your motor bearings.
I have checked the motors, they spin fine. They are burning fingers to the touch hot from just three minutes of hovering flight. Also, recalibrated everything and I still have the damn drift problem. I never had this before the update.

Much of my stability problems may have been from a ESC going bad. It got so that every couple of minutes it would dip violently and then straighten up; kept noticing one motor hotter than the others. Finally the bulb lit and I replaced that pod and no more dips.

Last edited:
This is a bearings or bad props. I oil my bearings after every 10 hours, just two drops per motor. Search YouTube.

Be safe and happy landings.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela