What can be done to improve the hover stability?

mine was a little wonky until I recalibrated everything including sticks
its fine now
I read somewhere that 2.4 benefited from this even though 3DR officially says don't unless its asked for

Flew yesterday and noticed the drift while holding station for 10 minutes or so. I'll try a calibration set and report back.

I think there is a lot more to this than a calibration issue. It's not a matter of just position drifting. He's reporting the position drifts, yet he has a good GPS lock in FLY mode. The pause button doesn't work either. And this issues doesn't manifest itself at all when he uses Tower. This is all kinds of messed up and not something I've read about happening to others here or on FB.

I'm thinking a factory reset of the controller and solo is in order. But you way want to wait for 3DR to respond to the ticket.

I think there is a lot more to this than a calibration issue. It's not a matter of just position drifting. He's reporting the position drifts, yet he has a good GPS lock in FLY mode. The pause button doesn't work either. And this issues doesn't manifest itself at all when he uses Tower. This is all kinds of messed up and not something I've read about happening to others here or on FB.

I'm thinking a factory reset of the controller and solo is in order. But you way want to wait for 3DR to respond to the ticket.

I think you are right I am going to wait to hear from 3dr on my ticket.

Did you get an email back from them acknowledging you sent the ticket? You can speed the process up by using the chat on the support page of their website. They can look it up and get it moving a little quicker.

Did you get an email back from them acknowledging you sent the ticket? You can speed the process up by using the chat on the support page of their website. They can look it up and get it moving a little quicker.

Thank you, I will try that.

I can see that what other's are chiming in with and the specifics of the OP may not be 100% aligned, but I thought I'd share my results as well. I'm a new owner, and 2.4 updated automagically out of the box... so I've only flown on that.

I've never seen it sit completely still, it always wonders a bit (feet, not inches). It only generally stays where is should, but any shot requires a lot of maintenance to keep any subject other than a landscape where I want it in frame. This is one of those areas that led me to run calibrations. It's about the same, although at one point I was able to successfully run level calibration, but not compass... in that entire day Solo was possessed while "hovering".

Maybe sharing my conditions will help. I've not flown with more than 10MPH yet. Most of the time, it's reported as 3-7MPH though there are a few gusts. Seems like most of the videos I've seen of Solo deal with worse with better performance, but I thought it was just me.

Add me to the list that wishes he had not updated to this flawed firmware update. Update went fine, then I calibrated both the compass and level.

Hover drifting was several feet in every direction and up and down also. This was with 10 sats and a HDOP of 1.1.

The scary part was when I pressed the on screen button to end CC it went directly to RTH resulting in a close call.

Time to figure out one of roll back methods.

Add me to the list that wishes he had not updated to this flawed firmware update. Update went fine, then I calibrated both the compass and level.

Hover drifting was several feet in every direction and up and down also. This was with 10 sats and a HDOP of 1.1.

The scary part was when I pressed the on screen button to end CC it went directly to RTH resulting in a close call.

Time to figure out one of roll back methods.

You and I are on the same page.

man wonder what is going on. I had problems until I did a full re calibrate, also did sticks
mine is no longer acting up

Reactions: Solo Keith
Noticed today my Solo has the same drifting everyone is talking about. Mild wind conditions at 0-2 mph and heavy drifting at loiter. Looked really weird seeing that. Wanna squash that bug

man wonder what is going on. I had problems until I did a full re calibrate, also did sticks
mine is no longer acting up

We didn't do the sticks and after reading about doing it I got all confused and won't even try it.

Loss of GPS during return on a cable route. Wind pushed it out to sea. 1/4 mi. RTH after much panic. Nothing worked up to RTH. Submitted. Response was;
RECALIBRATE and do it again and report. Stand by sportsfans! Using latest soft/firm ware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl