Well I received my $200.00 Solo from EBay...Refurbished

Opened the box, the sticky plastic protection was still on the body and battery. Comes with case, Transmitter and phone/tablet holder. Motors still had the little cardboard things on them...not a bad deal. Now waiting for my GoPro Hero 4 Black for $16.75, and my extra batteries for $17.65. Truly a poor mans drone...

3DR - Solo Drone - Black - FACTORY RB Quadcopter SA11A for GoPro Camera | eBay

Hi there! I was looking at the same item and looking to pull the trigger today. Do you know if this is a Rev a or Rev B GPS model?

I really don't know yet. I have read about the "A" vs "B" discussions, regardless I'll find out when I do the cardboard mod to the GPS assembly. I also bought one of the $99.00 ones, haven't received it yet though. Cheap for spare parts, and one guy said his $99.00 one looked brand new as well. I don't think it has a case or battery, just drone and transmitter...but we'll see when it arrives soon.

I saw this video on YouTube;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: krazydy
Ordered one from him and received it yesterday. He mentioned that it's a toss up. The one I received was RevA. He's now listing revB specifically.

Reactions: krazydy
Ordered one from him and received it yesterday. He mentioned that it's a toss up. The one I received was RevA. He's now listing revB specifically.
How are the conditions? Do they look like new or do they have some wear?

Mine had minimal wear. Nothing I'd consider "used" just didn't have any of the protective plastic. I ordered mine in a backpack though. As far as the guts, it works great. Triple check your motors though regardless of any source of refurbs. Mine turned out alright, but ive heard tales to the contrary.

You can save yourself some time if you use plain old elec. tape between the foil and board. I to got a $99 best buy return, put a bat in and it fired right up but no GPS (rev A) not one sat in 5min.. Did the tape mod and got 8Sats in30 sec. Fly's great

Reactions: KoofPoof
You can save yourself some time if you use plain old elec. tape between the foil and board. I to got a $99 best buy return, put a bat in and it fired right up but no GPS (rev A) not one sat in 5min.. Did the tape mod and got 8Sats in30 sec. Fly's great
Have you tried the cardboard mod? If so, would you say tape only results are comparable? I was under the assumption that it was the actual distance between the board and shield that was the issue.

Have you tried the cardboard mod? If so, would you say tape only results are comparable? I was under the assumption that it was the actual distance between the board and shield that was the issue.
It's more about not letting the foil touch the components on the board. I've heard you can use a business card. The foil has insulating coating but it's to thin.

Reactions: KoofPoof
It's more about not letting the foil touch the components on the board. I've heard you can use a business card. The foil has insulating coating but it's to thin.
Good to know, I'll give that a shot tonight. I'm getting around 6 SATs at the moment on my revA bird, but HDOP is too low for assisted flight. If I stay up long enough I can get 13 SATs, land it real quick and take off again before it loses em.

Reactions: Deleted member 7413
No kidding, found a seller on eBay offloading $15 GoPro 4Bs but the description is an exact rip from another sellers listing. Not to mention there is absolutely no seller feedback that I could find.

Skip the cardboard and the tape, get the mro gps. Best money you will spend after purchase. 21 sats in the air , 15 on the ground.next must have is the Fpvlr antennas

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea