Warranty using square trade

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advance if you can help...
I am preparing to pull the trigger on a Solo purchase with Gimbal and GoPro.
I am curious if anyone has experience using Square Trade warranties

B&H offer to add a square trade warranty. 3 years on the solo by itself is like $196.
They claim it covers anything from running into a wall or landing in water. no matter who is at fault.
they claim it will cover the entire unit as long as the unit can be retrieved.

Does anyone have any insight on these claims?

I asked square trade directly and they said yes they cover it but I talked to some "miscellaneous nobody" on chat so I don't really believe it. Also the written warranty from them mentions a lot of "normal usage" verbiage.

It seems like too good of a deal to be true.

With the square trade warranty coupled with the 3DR fly-away warranty its almost like your fully covered.
and $200 for 3 years on a $1000 drone its not that bad.

Thanks again for any thoughts on this....

FWIW, A couple of months ago Square Trade told me they definitely would NOT cover any drone.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
I wonder if their stance has changed since the person I chatted with over TEXT on their site said they do but like I mentioned their contracts do not specifically say anything about covering a drone crash. they are very generic and could work against us just as easily as for us.

I just purchased a square trade warranty with a B&H Solo. I also noted that Staples sells a Square Trade warranty for drones found via google search. Anyone ever dealt with them on claims? I can certainly return the warranty, but it seemed fair like 1/3 cost of bird if a total loss was incurred.

So you could get your money back, I guess, but what good would $300 do if you're without a drone? It's not going to buy a new one at near that quality. Plus, I'm pretty sure that warranty isn't going to cover the GoPro attached to it.

I called square trade as I have used them for phone coverage in the past. As of 01/26/17 at 11:00pm they DO NOT cover drones unfortunately. If they did the price would be amazing and their warranty is awesome for their products.

They
I called square trade as I have used them for phone coverage in the past. As of 01/26/17 at 11:00pm they DO NOT cover drones unfortunately. If they did the price would be amazing and their warranty is awesome for their products.
cover cameras so it could be argued you have a flying camera, but since the GoPro is attached that probably wouldn't wash in court. A Breeze or Dobie may get by with it since they are sold as flying cameras or selfie sticks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc