Wanted: Solo Tablet Holder

Reaction score
I just bought one of those ebay specials (my 4th Solo, basically for the parts) and got the nasty surprise that it came with an incomplete tablet holder. I need one, not urgent by any means, but would like to have this Solo fully ready to go just in case. Can't seem to find any on Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc. Paypal payment, shipping to FL, 33166.

Did you get any of the mount/bracket or is it completely missing? I bought one on Amazon that fits into the Solo bracket, but again you would need the bracket that mounts on the controller. There is a 4 prong holder that the adjustable tablet mount fits into. The one on Amazon fits into these same 4 prong holder and it will hold a 7-10 inch tablet. Not sure if it fits iPhone/droid phone or not without some sort of spacer.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5M6ARA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually only the clips/springs are missing, everything else is there.
IMG_0019 (1).jpg

You might find a broken controller for parts on eBay, but it might take a while. The Amazon holder pics aren't clear so I took a shot showing the interface. Identical to Solo. A 3/4 inch stiff foam spacer or similar would allow you to use a phone with it. The holder adjusts and clamps with a lever. Not bad for $10.
IMG_1775.jpg

Reactions: RichWest and cheebs
You might find a broken controller for parts on eBay, but it might take a while. The Amazon holder pics aren't clear so I took a shot showing the interface. Identical to Solo. A 3/4 inch stiff foam spacer or similar would allow you to use a phone with it. The holder adjusts and clamps with a lever. Not bad for $10.
View attachment 4572

That's very helpful, thanks! The Amazon pics were definitely not showing the mounting points, but if it's a direct fit you really can't go wrong for 10 dollars. I use an ipad Mini 4 or an Air 2 so this will do great. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo