Waiting for solo on controller

Reaction score
Flew drone twice, then went to flew again and now my controller never connects to solo. Then message pops up for a second, and says gimbal not found, then back to message waiting for solo. Yet when I turn the solo on gimbal works, orange light under solo, is blinking. tried re-pairing, still no work. Tech had me tear both units down to hard reset, still no luck, tech had to leave, end of day. Not sure what to try next chatted with tech for over an hour still no luck.

I am experiencing the same exact thing. it flew fine twice now all I get on the controller is waiting for the solo . when I am connected to the app I can see the live view but the controller still reads the same.when I use the simulator app the lights on solo all turn red which I think is normal and when I turn the simulator off and the main solo app on it will show up as connected but then it disconnects after a second or so .well let me know if you figure it out, if I don't figure it out soon I am going to have to either exchange for another one or return it all together. now that 3dr discontinued the solo I think dealing with issues might become more of a pain in the ass. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Flew drone twice, then went to flew again and now my controller never connects to solo. Then message pops up for a second, and says gimbal not found, then back to message waiting for solo. Yet when I turn the solo on gimbal works, orange light under solo, is blinking. tried re-pairing, still no work. Tech had me tear both units down to hard reset, still no luck, tech had to leave, end of day. Not sure what to try next chatted with tech for over an hour still no luck.
turn the power on the controller and the solo off . then look at your phone or tablet you are using with the solo app and with the power off on the solo and controller check the wifi and see if the solo link is still connected, on mine it was still showing solo link wifi .now open the battery compartment on the controller and disconnect the battery. look at your phone and see if the wifi is disconnected.reconnect the battery on the controller then power it up followed by powering up the solo reconnect to the wifi and start the solo app.give it a few seconds to connect and this should solve your peroblem. it worked for me.good luck let me know if this helped you out

Last edited:
What Mark said. I had the same problem, after trying to get my cwappy Head Play goggles to hook up with my Solo transmitter. (YES, I followed all the procedures listed on this site). After several try's with the Head Play's, I gave up, and disconnected the HDMI cable. Then my Solo transmitter would only give the message, "waiting for Solo". I tried several re-boots, no go. Then I unplugged the transmitter battery, plugged it back in, and "presto" everything works!

Same thing happen with mine and the controller was bad. Spent an hour on chat line with support and finally he said look at the led light in the unit you can see it from a vent behind the controller. I told him it was red bad sign.he told me controller was bad and had to return

Same thing happen with mine and the controller was bad. Spent an hour on chat line with support and finally he said look at the led light in the unit you can see it from a vent behind the controller. I told him it was red bad sign.he told me controller was bad and had to return

What Mark said. I had the same problem, after trying to get my cwappy Head Play goggles to hook up with my Solo transmitter. (YES, I followed all the procedures listed on this site). After several try's with the Head Play's, I gave up, and disconnected the HDMI cable. Then my Solo transmitter would only give the message, "waiting for Solo". I tried several re-boots, no go. Then I unplugged the transmitter battery, plugged it back in, and "presto" everything works!
hat is exactly what happened with mine. it wasn't til I tried to hook up vr goggles to the HDMI out on the remote . but once I took that battery out and killed any kind of power to the remote it disconnected from wifi and connected right up to the solo.I have another drone an xiro xplorer v that connects to the controller for start up then once everything fires up the connection is gone .now that one I can't figure out.things can get frustrating sometimes ya just got to step back deep breath then go back at it.

@Mark G- you know that if you want to quote 2 different posts that you can tap Reply on the first post, then tap Reply on the second post and both quotes will be in your message/edit box waiting for your text input below them?

Yup, sometimes you gotta get away for awhile, or in my case, it might get adjusted with a big hammer! Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night with some possible solution on my mind, and have to get out of bed, and give it another try. Strange how things come to you in your sleep.

turn the power on the controller and the solo off . then look at your phone or tablet you are using with the solo app and with the power off on the solo and controller check the wifi and see if the solo link is still connected, on mine it was still showing solo link wifi .now open the battery compartment on the controller and disconnect the battery. look at your phone and see if the wifi is disconnected.reconnect the battery on the controller then power it up followed by powering up the solo reconnect to the wifi and start the solo app.give it a few seconds to connect and this should solve your peroblem. it worked for me.good luck let me know if this helped you out
Tried again with solo support, still no luck, finially took it back where I bought it and got my money back. Bought a Phantom 3 from a friend for the same price. Great unit

Hi guys I'm a newbie. I bought a solo flew about a dozen flights when my controller stopped connecting. I tried the battery thing with no luck. I figured I better return it while I still could. So now I have a new one. I love the way this drone performs. I have been flying a p3p since they came out. I like this drone better. I hope this one works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc