Video transmission issues

Reaction score
accidentally posted this under solo discussion. Reposting here instead.

no crashes, no damage to SOLO.
Out of the blue, my video transmission hangs, goes out, freezes, gets massive interference etc.

I see it on my tablet. Also the low res video saved to the tablet shows the video issues.

The high def video on the memory card is fine.

What should I look for?

GoPro 4 black

I have removed the gimbal, disconnected both cables, reconnected again. Same issue still present upon flight.

With the motors running but no throttle applied, solo on the floor, the video is fine. Its only when under throttle that the video feed gets jacked up. I will post a short video clip from the tablet, to demonstrate what I see.

What you're describing is a loose HDMI connector. There is an HDMI cable that runs from the gimbal to the companion computer. If the plug on either end is loose, that is exactly what happens. The gimbal end is easy. Un screw and remove the gimbal. Unplug the HDMI cable. Use some pliers to ever so slightly pinch the connector on the gimbal a hair to make it a snugger fit. Plug it back and in and see if it helped. If not, you'll have to disassemble to reach the other end.

Reactions: Pkranger71
Thank you Pedals. I will tear it down now and give that a whirl. If I have to do the other end, can you point me to a good set of disassembly directions for that? I've never had to do any disassembly on the SOLO as of yet so it will be a first for me. Again, thank you.

3DR SOLO by Miguelangel Santimanzano

Last edited:
accidentally posted this under solo discussion. Reposting here instead.

no crashes, no damage to SOLO.
Out of the blue, my video transmission hangs, goes out, freezes, gets massive interference etc.

I see it on my tablet. Also the low res video saved to the tablet shows the video issues.

The high def video on the memory card is fine.

What should I look for?

GoPro 4 black

I have removed the gimbal, disconnected both cables, reconnected again. Same issue still present upon flight.

With the motors running but no throttle applied, solo on the floor, the video is fine. Its only when under throttle that the video feed gets jacked up. I will post a short video clip from the tablet, to demonstrate what I see.
Go here for some instructions
Check this if your having video feed problems"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421