Video not transmitted to controller while recording.

Reaction score
Not sure what am doing wrong. Solo/Go pro 4 transmitting video to LG tablet while on the ground, but after ascending in altitude there is no video on the tablet. Video in camera records normally in flight. Camera WiFi turned off, video mode, 30FPS, 1080 wide. I have WiFi from Solo on the tablet. I am using ALFA antennas.
Any advice as to settings I should use.

Thanks

So the video in the app goes black, but you still have control? Does it flicker, scroll, and freeze the video? Or just a black screen?

If it's just a black screen, remove the battery from the controller and GoPro. Put them back in, and try again.

Interesting issue Frank, I am having what appears to be a similar issue. The first time it happened I was flying and it was still recording So while in flight I closed and reopened the SOLO APP. And then, right there I had video again, all appeared good and I was happy. However about 30-50s later the Video would drop out again (go black) and I would repeat the last task again- close and restart APP- Then all good again for a few seconds.. I would then try this on the ground - connect everything- everything WiFi connected - Good live video streaming, all good and then it drops. Controller, again, says what it always says- connection lost-WiFi off. Well I used another app to check the WiFi (that which is transmitted from the Solo controller SOLOLink_xxxx) and the controller is transmitting WiFi perfectly. I tried a few other things without success- Worked with 3DR chat services more than 3hours- they were very courteous and patient with me and my issues, yet to no fix.
Later that night I got to thinking... I tried using another Phone and loaded the SOLO APP onto it and restarted the process and much to my enjoyment, all remained connected and all has been good ever since.
The first Cell phone I was using was a Samsung S4 and the second one was also an S4... and both are pretty much Identical. To this day I cannot figure out why one drops my Video/WiFi and the other does not.. I'd really like it all to work with the original Phone. Or I just might by in the shopping mood and get a nice tablet anyway. (Any one have any great tablet choices they like) .. the only requirement is that it must verify-ably work with the 3DR SOLO APP.

So in summary Frank- (sorry to run on and on),,,
Try using a different device running the SOLO APP and let us know how that works for you.. I am most curious..

I was having the same exact problem with my S4 until I upgraded to a S5

Compatible devices include:

Best phones: Galaxy S5, S6, Nexus 5, 6, 6P, Moto X

Best tablets: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Nexus 9

Reactions: speatuk
Thanks, Weird that My other S4 works beautifully.... only wish I new why..:rolleyes:
I was liking the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 but all I can read is that Sprint didn't offer this with a phone plan they went instead with supporting the 10.1 tablet..

So this leaves me with the question...
If I root the Samsung Galaxy S4, can I still get apps from the Google play store and if so Will the 3DR SOLO app work on a rooted phone ???
... This is where I am now.... :(
Any thought appreciated. . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986