Video Margins

Reaction score
Ok, I'm relatively new here and not particularly tech savy, so this might be a dumb question. All of my videos download to my I phone automatically but they all have the time, battery meter and resolution in the upper margin.
How do I get rid of it when I want to post either on Facebook or Youtube? Is it a camera setting?

Thanks

Thats from the gopro right? What you want is called HDMI Clear out (industry lingo) It should be in your gopros settings.
You Should be able to make the camera not show this by going to the setup and turning off on screen display!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... All of my videos download to my I phone automatically but they all have the time, battery meter and resolution in the upper margin. How do I get rid of it when I want to post either on Facebook or Youtube? ...

In addition to CanadianSolo's reply, please note that it's a Bad Idea to post the videos from your iPhone to Facebook or YouTube, because the quality of the live video feed captured by your iPhone is MUCH WORSE than the quality of the video which your GoPro stores in its memory card. The live video feed is low-resolution, and full of hiccups due to moments of imperfect wifi connection. It's good enough to assist you while flying, but looks terrible compared to what the GoPro is really capturing. The video stored inside your GoPro is whatever resolution you set it to be, and is hiccup-free (if you have a fast enough SD card).

Thanks Joe, At the end of my last flight the card said it was full, but I have not viewed them from the camera yet. Now you got me interested in checking them out and saving them to my computer. I have the GoPro Hero 4 silver. What are your setting recommendations?

I have the GoPro Hero 4 silver. What are your setting recommendations?

Hey, that's the same GoPro as I use on my Solo. I highly recommend experimenting with different camera settings in different locations and lighting conditions. Learning is always a good excuse to play, right?

For what it's worth, I mostly use the following settings for the following reasons:

(1) 2.7K at 30 fps, *linear* FOV. My favorite setting by far. Resampled to 1080 looks much better than native 1080. Note: Linear FOV is only available in firmware version 5.00, which (like version 4, and unlike version 3) doesn't turn on automatically when Solo is turned on.

(2) 4K ... but ONLY when I want still shots, which is often. A 4K screen capture, when processed on your computer to look the way you want it to look, and then resampled down to 1920×1080, looks WAYYY better than an "HD" still shot or a 1080 frame capture. I never use the GoPro's "photo" mode; 4K video screen captures are plenty good for my purposes. I never actually use the 4K video footage as video... 15fps is too choppy.

(3) 1080 at 60fps, linear FOV. Only used occasionally, when I need VERY smooth-looking motion, which 60fps provides.

YMMV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421