Video feed issues

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched the forums and haven't found an answer. Lately, I've been having issues with the video feed either rolling, intermittent feed, or losing it all together. New gimbal with new hdmi ribbon cable, both ends hot glued. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks. Already read that. Don't know if a piece of foam will help my situation. That fix seems to solve a problem with an hdmi cable loose connection issue. Don't think that is my issue. I'm going to replace the hdmi cable with a stock cable and see if anything changes.

I'm going to replace the hdmi cable with a stock cable and see if anything changes.
I know in the past several have said the Relish cable comes loose within its (ribbon) connectors, try re-seating them. At least try the one at the gimbal, since it can make contact with the PH cube...

Also I experienced the rolling video and it turned out to be the hdmi connector on the gimbal. I was able to repair the connector, but at today's cost I'd just buy a new gimbal and move forward. If you do this, save your old gimbal...

Reactions: Russ Knight
Thanks. Already read that. Don't know if a piece of foam will help my situation. That fix seems to solve a problem with an hdmi cable loose connection issue. Don't think that is my issue. I'm going to replace the hdmi cable with a stock cable and see if anything changes.
Obviously, you haven't read it completely, or didn't reply with you doing so?
instructions also say to pinch both HDMI receptacles, but be careful not to over pinch.

Many people describing the same symptoms as your describing, has a loose connection between the HDMI port on the GP to the HDMI port on the main board on Solo.
between these ports are (2) HDMI extension cables & (4) mounted HDMI Connectors.
Again, your problem is between the HDMI port on the GP to the HDMI port on the main board.
Don't really care if this helps you are not. I put my time in this post for helping others, because it seem to me your not convinced.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I went ahead and replaced the Relish cable with stock, did the foam block mod, and hot glued both ends of the HDMI cable. So far, that seemed to have solved the problem.

I thought it solved the problem. Video still locking up, rolling. I'm pretty much stumped.

Well, I seem to have solved my video feed issue for now. Removed the gimbal, repositioned the hdmi cable, and no more video feed issues. Thank you all very much for your help.

Russ

Ok, I've searched the forums and haven't found an answer. Lately, I've been having issues with the video feed either rolling, intermittent feed, or losing it all together. New gimbal with new hdmi ribbon cable, both ends hot glued. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hi Guys. On my solo I have the rolling problem with the feed also and the screen goes black and then comes back on. I had a new solo and crashed it about a week ago only broke the gimbal and when I installed the new gimbal it is still rolling and blacking out so its not the gimbal. I am using an aftermarket HDMI cable. I'm wondering if it might be the HDMI ribbon cable not seating very firmly in the plugs??

Replaced the hdmi cable with another stock one, did the foam mod again and so far so good....

Problem is back. I'm pulling my hair out at this point. I've changed hdmi cable, gimbal, done foam mod, tried ribbon cable, still having issues when altitude or speed control is maxed out. Help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000