Video connection

Reaction score
Sanctuary Point South Coast NSW Australia.
Hi everyone i am from Australia I don't know whether there is a thread on this Discussion yet, but I got my Solo on Monday, running a Hero 3 only at this stage but couldn't get video through to Andriod tab just a blank screen , spoke to local distributor and suggested a particular switching on procedure but with no luck.
I use to work in the TV industry so know a bit about TV formats we are PAL out here, so lost for things to do I changed the Hero to NTSC which is the TV format in the USA.
Bingo pictures no switch on procedure everything work well, but we are in Pal which is workable but requires conversion before I can do anything with it.
Does anyone know if the system is NTSC only or is there a way of getting it to pal?
Would like to find this one out.
Cheers,
John from down under.

Greetings, John. I believe the latest Solo App update allows either PAL or NTSC formats to be used. Make sure your App has the latest update, and you should be set. If I am mistaken, hopefully someone will set things right. Believe it or not, I have been wrong a few times....o_O. Happy and safe flying to you.

Thanks Chuck I did update the latest Solo App but it didnt make any Difference until I made the GoPro NTSC and then it was good as but i would prefer to shoot in PAL but its early days yet and there are bound to be issues and its not the final Camera I will be using anyway intention is to go to Hero 4 Black.
Anyway I have a temporary fix.
Cheers, John.

I hope it all works out for you, John. Like you said, there are going to be bugs to be worked out this early in the game. Good luck. I would love to see and fly in your beautiful country.

I hope it all works out for you, John. Like you said, there are going to be bugs to be worked out this early in the game. Good luck. I would love to see and fly in your beautiful country.
Thanks Chuck well the way the Dollar is sitting your way ahead to come out hear and fly, yes we have some fantastic spots to see and fly, Restrictions are here and CASA is the controlling body they take a dim view of anyone not abiding by the rules which as an Avaition Pilot I think is fair enough I am only into General Avaition but have been in a close call situation and that was with another Cessna who just appeared what hope have you got seeing a Solo or anything else at least it's black and stands out unlike other white ones ha ha, anyway matey if you hear anything about the vision problem please let me know.
Cheers, john.

I live in Russia, and I have the same problem. It does not work in the PAL only NTSC

Dimitry, hi are you using an Android tab or phone? There is suppose to be a fix in the latest version but I can't find it.
But in NTSC the video link is solid on switch on every time so to my way of thinking it ha been built in NTSC only which is understandable and not a huge problem but your vision has to be converted to pal before editing. Hopefully it will be a software issue that is switchable or auto detect whatever the camera is set to.

Reactions: mcneely19
У меня есть картинки 5s! I think will do the job PAL in the next update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela