Very anticlimactic...

Reaction score
I received my new Solo from B&H a couple of days ago. I did the update, calibrated and decided to see if it would at least launch. I had my new Master Airscrew propellers on and was ready to take off.

I held down the Fly button to take off and I watched it go ass up until both front propellers hit the asphalt and shattered.

Any theories on what happened? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-200913.png
    Screenshot_20170526-200913.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
LOL! You know, I thought that I was careful when I was matching silver and black. But after reading both of your responses, I'm going to have to call myself a dumb ass.

Thank you for the quick replies. I'll use the OEM propellers tomorrow morning. I feel much better about the drone (not about me though).

S!#t happens.....nothing wrong with stock props....I prefer them actually because they are easier to get on and off......

The Master airscrew props are actually marked which one is CW ( clockwise ) and which one is CCW ( counter clockwise )......look towards center of each prop....they have markings on them....also there was a piece of paper with instructions on how to install them.....good luck

Reactions: Z953
By the way YOU are not the first to have done this. Quit kicking your self and be thankful now one got hurt and your Solo is ok. Do check the motors for any damage.

Reactions: Z953
Thank you everyone for your help/advice. The motors are fine; they never stopped spinning because the propellers kept deteriorating until I ran up the Solo to grab it (that was scary thinking about the jagged edges on the broken propellers).

I had to laugh because Bilge was right: there was a whole pamphlet in the box that explained the installation process very explicitly. Of course I didn't even bother to look for directions in the excitement of wanting to fly the damn thing for the first time.

So I did get to fly the Solo a few times over the long weekend and it was fun. I have a GP Hero 3+ Black on-the-way so I can't wait until I can control the camera from the remote (I have a 3+ Silver right now). Again, thank you everyone.

If it makes you feel any better I did the same thing with an octo quad running 14 inch props
stuff happens
crashing is flying

I now have my arms and props colored garanimals style

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44