Using orthomosaic map in Tower or Mission Planner

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
Let's say I go do a survey on that construction site I'm working at. I run the images through Drone Deploy or Pix4D to create an orthomosaic map. Also assume that I geotagged my images.

Can I then use the orthomosaic map in Tower or Mission Planner?

I'm asking because the construction site shows as all trees on Tower.

What I want to do is create Tower missions that I can save on my Android and load them as I go.

@pyrate I've watched the Tower video you recommended and think I can do what I want using the different waypoint controls available. I want to do some orbits, and some area of interest shots. What I lack is the locations of the structures.

I've already gone out there and created a bunch of smart shots. Now I'm looking at alternative ways to make more efficient use of my time. I think that creating Tower missions that I can save on my Android is going to be more efficient since Solo will fly the mission without my having to navigate the Solo to a suitable starting point. It would also solve my backup question.

Worse comes to worse, I suppose I could get the coordinates, then build a mission in Mission Planner, upload it to Solo, then download it to Tower.

For my point of interest shots I guess I could hover Solo over the point for a minute or so to make it more obvious in the logs that I want that point.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo