URGENT !! I lost solo and gopro.black4

Hello James,
Thanks for reaching 3D Robotics Tech support. I hope you're having a great day.

I'm sorry to see you had an issue with your Solo. We yet have to see why the incident happen, but I was able to get the latest location from the unit, which is at the following coordinates: 22.949978 120.384779
The reported altitude was 31 meters, so it could be stuck in a tree. Attached is an image of where the map shows the unit is, compared to the Home (where it took off) position. I hope this helps you retrieve it, in the meantime, we'll check what caused the incident.
Best regards,
zy759mOQU21msnxYuXeK4rga8

Google 地圖

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Push, I submitted my last missive before I saw your post! Would have been better to wait for all the facts. But, this will be interesting to hear more.......

Poor guy but we'd better give him 2 out of 10 or an "E" for Effort. Mmmmmmm..!

Have the coordinates to look for once

Afraid of losing one
Fluorescent stickers
test is good
Find it at night
solo no2
17155853_10206741298609847_2250806514883047820_n.jpg

17103685_10206741297249813_7471965522438339983_n.jpg

Odo, now that you have the reflectors, will you be driving your motorcycle down the highway while piloting drone in Follow Me at night?

The BBQ and dancing sound awesome! Speaking of electricity in the air, did you know that your video shows your solo almost running into a power line? I mention it only because power lines may be specially protected civil infrastructure under Taiwan drone law.

Good luck with everything. Please let us know if 3DR ever explains to you what happened.

Thank you
Reflectors,
if lost SOLO again
Easy to find solo
Look at the night clearly
Not used to following shooting

Hi James,

Thank you for waiting, we finished checking your flight logs. We were able to see the sensors were working properly, the unit was responding to the pilot's commands and the motor pods were al working properly.

When Solo entered Follow Me mode, it started following the Pilot's location and, from what I can see, a vehicle was used and Solo kept following. The reason it didn't come back is because it crashed before doing so. The pilot lowered the altitude at which the Solo was flying to about 13 meters, after a little while, it seemed to have crashed against a tree from what the coordinates are showing.

Since the incident wasn't caused by a malfunction, we're unable to cover the damage under warranty, I apologize. I hope you were able to retrieve the unit, let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Best regards,

My English not good

Interpretation is incorrect

Wrong

When Solo entered Follow Me mode, it started following the Pilot's location and,

from what I can see, a vehicle was used and Solo kept following.

In that day of flight shooting

Very smooth

And My speed is very slow (about 20km)

Let solo can follow me

(I did not control )

But I changed the third battery

And then take off already (just before home)

After five minutes

Solo

Still at a height of 60 meters

Solo battery power 65%

Remote control with solo not connected

Always screen show Wait for solo

Wait 10 seconds

solo up 20meters back home 60+20=80 meters

(Height of about 80 meters Not you said 13 meters,

Return back home 1 km, if 13meters,

Right at first moments it has already hit the mountain)

Return to takeoff

I can not control at all

Look at the solo fall on the coordinates you gave

Because i was there too

Look at solo from over 60 meters

Height slowly down

Fell to the hills on the height of about 31 meters is correct

I have to go to the scene to find

No way to enter the search

The reason it didn't come back is because it crashed before doing so.

The pilot lowered the altitude at which the Solo was flying to about 13 meters,

Please check in again

thank's

james

17211995_10206777418392819_7825903410148094990_o.jpg

Remember, height in the logs and on the controller is the height above the ground where home is and where it took off from, not where Solo is. Looking at the picture above, it definitely is not flat ground.

I am sorry to hear you lost another solo. FOLLOW ME seems to be real popular feature on these drones. You certainly can take some great travel videos with it. It just seems a little risky to me if you are trying to drive vehicle on highway while trying to monitor drone flight on controller. I suppose some might say don't look at controller, just watch the road. But, you would then have to rely on 100% perfect flight i.e. no wireless or gps disconnections. I am confident in my solo but not 100%. Remember, if you lose gps and wireless at same time, solo will descend and land. There is one point on your video where you go under large freeway overpass which might disrupt one or both signals. Maybe you should go out and spend one more day looking for your solos. They are tuff little drones and may still be fully operational. Good luck and take care!

I thought maybe we found one errant solo! But, nope this was in CA. These solos can be stubborn little guys. Don't always do exactly what you want like letting go of high power wire!

The more I watch this video the more I like these solos. Imagine being stranded high and dry by your pilot and then getting hosed by the fire department. All the while scared to death you're gonna take a 40 foot fall and bust your gimbal or compass leg on top of three props. Not understanding why these morons don't get a net or something to break your fall. We heard no whining or complaining though did we? I bet this solo knew it was not smart time or place to fly but figured he had to respect its pilots decision. Sure he could have refused to take off under the guise of no gps lock and avoided all risk but that would arguably be unprofessional and maybe even breach of contract.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc