upgraded everything

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new SOLO user. I have added mods to get the most out of SOLO, but clearly have to tweak my setup.
1. GPS SIGNAL: I installed M8N GPS and have been very pleased with results.
2. WIFI SIGNAL: I installed Mikrotik R11e 2HnD wifi cards and upgraded antanna three times: ALFA 7, FPVLR and Itelite DBS3.3. The furthest I have been able to get is 800ft(!), in various locations, before RTH. Any troubleshooting advice most appreciated.
3. I have a gimbal. I replaced HDMI with ribbon cable and moongel'd where instructed on the Relish3D instructional. I have balanced all props (blades first then hubs). I have modded my Hero 4 Black with Ribcage Air and 5.4mm lens, with ND filter installed to slow shutter, and all GoPro settings per the sticky thread here ... but still I have noticeable vibration in my video footage. Any troubleshooting tips most appreciated here as well.

Apart from that all good!
Cheers, Adam.

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
As to your 800ft range, did you put some hot glue on the antenna connections to the WiFi cards? One of them may have popped off.

I have to ask one question, did you ever contact support?
Man I found early on that many of the mods done on solo were not needed
you may have already voided your warranty but man I sure hope you gave them a shot

I only installed a Mikrotik R11e2HnD into my controller and a alfa antennas and easily get 2500 ft over really bad WiFi area. In the open desert over a mile stock. Haven't tested upgrades in the desert but stock over the same WiFi area was about 400-500 ft.

image.png I was able to get out to 12,000+ft before RTB with just the Alpha antennas...now if I can only get the downlink video to stop cutting out at ridiculously short distances!

I bought my SOLO in Australia and I live in Singapore where there is not even a SOLO distributer .... so I kinda figured I'm on my own. To answer Pedals2Paddles I did indeed hotglue my antennas .... but I am going to tear it all down to see if one popped off as that is the only logical explanation I can think of ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela