Unexpected Surprise-

Reaction score
I started downsizing my crazy Solo stash- and it’s pretty impressive how many people are looking for these drones. Had a text message this morning, simply said- I’m interested in a drone- the guy was 5 minutes from my house!
I met him with 3 Solos, couple gimbals and an assortment of accessories, just in case.
The guy has never owned a drone, didn’t know a whole lot about it but was real excited about getting one. I explained the gimbal situation and how hard they are to acquire- and then asked him what he is planning to use it for...“ FISHING.”
He asked if there was a way to use it to drop his bait beyond the breakers- told him they sell the apparatus on Amazon for about $40.00 ; this guy ordered one and skipped back into work- we met during his lunch break.
Told him since he was using it to fish, no need to invest in the gimbal! I also text messaged him the 3DR Manual, this forum and any other pertinent info that may come in handy down the road. And I tossed in a couple extra batteries to give him more flight time for practice. Hope it all goes well for him.

Reactions: XevetS
I started downsizing my crazy Solo stash- and it’s pretty impressive how many people are looking for these drones. Had a text message this morning, simply said- I’m interested in a drone- the guy was 5 minutes from my house!
I met him with 3 Solos, couple gimbals and an assortment of accessories, just in case.
The guy has never owned a drone, didn’t know a whole lot about it but was real excited about getting one. I explained the gimbal situation and how hard they are to acquire- and then asked him what he is planning to use it for...“ FISHING.”
He asked if there was a way to use it to drop his bait beyond the breakers- told him they sell the apparatus on Amazon for about $40.00 ; this guy ordered one and skipped back into work- we met during his lunch break.
Told him since he was using it to fish, no need to invest in the gimbal! I also text messaged him the 3DR Manual, this forum and any other pertinent info that may come in handy down the road. And I tossed in a couple extra batteries to give him more flight time for practice. Hope it all goes well for him.
That's great.
You should tell him to consider upgrading to the green cube. That way he can get boat mode. But it looks like he is fishing from the shore?

Hi USMC86, wondering if you are still selling a gimbal?

it’s a bait release system designed for Solo- guys use Solo to fly beyond the breaking waves and then drop their bait. It actually cost $37.99 with $2.01 for shipping

watch what you buy from amazon the unit i got has a magnetic problem with the compass and the range on the remote is very limited ,maybe 30 feet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44