two solos, one "bricked", one not. what to do?

Excellent stuff. A good tip after a dunking is to shake off excess water and bury the whole lot in an open container with dry rice for a few days. Perhaps still put the battery into such before testing - there's loads of unleashed power in those cells!

Dave- congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all. When most people would surrender and give up, you went against conventional "wisdom" and succeeded.

It's that "attitude" that makes America such a great country.

Taking something apart is the best way to see how it works- getting it back together correctly is usually the problem.

Now you probably are more familiar with Solo than most of us.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.:D

Dave- congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all. When most people would surrender and give up, you went against conventional "wisdom" and succeeded.

It's that "attitude" that makes America such a great country.
Gosh... I'm feeling all patriotic... ;)

I have an attitude as well, but people just think I'm a PITA. :D

Reactions: Maddog and dml931
Oh man, did they survive? I have a Canon DSLR that I just about lost last spring on a canoe trip. The whole trip I had the camera either at my feet or around my neck. On day 3 I decided to keep it in the pelican case I bought to protect it. Within 20 min of paddling, we hit a huge strainer and flipped the boat. Didn't lose a thing.

Hope yours survived.
Yep, everything in the camera bag (including the DSLR) made it unscathed! The camera bag itself was completely covered in powdered calcium carbonate, but nothing actually got IN the bag. I thought the bag was trashed but it dusted off well and I was able to clean it the rest of the way with damp paper towels. Reminds me of the time I flew my solo into a huge sink hole... (a bad attempt to 'stay on topic'). Thanks again for sharing!

Reactions: dml931

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421