Two or more GPS devices at once?

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question. When using follow me, can I have both my iPad and my Android phone connected to the Solo while running the app? I want to have me and my controller out of camera shot and have Solo lock and follow a second person on a bike carrying my phone.

I don't believe you can have both connected by WIFI but you could have one connected to the HDMI port on the controller which will accomplish what you want...

Reactions: leedaddy
I don't believe you can have both connected by WIFI but you could have one connected to the HDMI port on the controller which will accomplish what you want...
Would you mind explaining how that works? You lost me with that one. Maybe I didn't explain myself. I want my Solo to follow someone (using Follow Me) while I control the solo via the app and controller. I don't want the Solo to actually follow me. I want it to follow my subject (second person). Does that make sense?

Yes I believe he meant connect one phone to the solo link wifi and have the other plugged in to the hdmi port of the controller to display the live feed. Solo will still follow the phone connected to the hdmi port

Yes I believe he meant connect one phone to the solo link wifi and have the other plugged in to the hdmi port of the controller to display the live feed. Solo will still follow the phone connected to the hdmi port
I would need it to follow the device NOT connected to the HDMI port. I'm just getting my question across.

Edit. How do you connect a phone to an HDMI port?

Okay. I'll explain what I want to do. Can someone tell me if it can be done and if so how?

I want to follow someone who is on a motorcycle (at a distance) in my car. I want to have the controller and my iPad with me in the car. I want my Solo to follow the motorcycle. How do I do that?

Do I need a Pebble Watch. Is that the only way?

I haven't done this yet, but from what I've read:
1) phone/tablet running the follow me smart shot. The motorcycle will have this and solo will follow that phone/tablet.
2) you with controller and a monitor hooked to the HDMI out of the controller to fly and frame.

Now the problem is that most phones/tablets don't have a very strong wifi signal. The controller must be close enough to the phone/tablet to communicate with it. The device on the motorcycle also must have GPS.

Here's a good read, too: Follow Basics

Reactions: DJ Wes
Thanks Steve. I appreciate your help. Okay. So Solo wasn't designed to do this type of shot. That really sucks. Unless the Pebble watch thing could work. Anyone know how to pull off this type of Follow Me using the Pebble Watch?

Thanks Steve. I appreciate your help. Okay. So Solo wasn't designed to do this type of shot. That really sucks. Unless the Pebble watch thing could work. Anyone know how to pull off this type of Follow Me using the Pebble Watch?

follow me follows the mobile device. as long as the mobile device is within range of the controller, solo will follow the mobile device. an alternative is to keep the mobile device in the car and have solo follow the car while you are using freelook to 'follow' the motorcycle. this has much more control over any follow me on any drone and all you have to do is focus on the camera as solo will be following you in the car.

the pebble worked great because you had two different communication protocols in use (bluetooth and 915 telemetry). the pebble and tablet was on your person while the tablet communicated to the drone via telemetry. the solo only uses one communication protocol, wifi. so any watch type device will have the same problem as a mobile device...it has to be near the controller.

Reactions: DJ Wes
I have done this with Solex, and it works great. I bought an inexpensive android watch with a data card, and put it on a 250 quad racer, It had no trouble keeping the watch in sight as the quad flew around, should be even better with a motorcycle. Your tablet will also need data, preferably by a sim card but a bluetooth connection can work aslo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo