Trying "Follow me" first time - it works !

Reaction score
Trying "Follow me" for the first time. It actually works quite well most of the time and Solo keeps up with the car OK, if I accelerate beyond Solo max speed then it may get behind but still follows and keeps the car in the frame.
The only time Solo gets confused, is when I try to adjust something with the controller on the go. It's best to leave Solo doing its own thing if you drop out of the frame, it will eventually get you again, trying to adjust the angle or distance manually seems to make things worse.
Follow me in first 1min of the video and Look at me follow mode in last 1min of the video. Some cable cams in the middle and few other stuff in between :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well done Pete, as usual. Keep them coming. Looks like a great trip..

Stunning stuff! I especially appreciate the time time lapse of the starry sky beginning at 3:28. How did you accomplish such a beautiful shot? More importantly can you tell me the settings so I can attempt one? :) :) :) Thank you in advance.

Trying "Follow me" for the first time. It actually works quite well most of the time and Solo keeps up with the car OK, if I accelerate beyond Solo max speed then it may get behind but still follows and keeps the car in the frame.
The only time Solo gets confused, is when I try to adjust something with the controller on the go. It's best to leave Solo doing its own thing if you drop out of the frame, it will eventually get you again, trying to adjust the angle or distance manually seems to make things worse.
Follow me in first 1min of the video and Look at me follow mode in last 1min of the video. Some cable cams in the middle and few other stuff in between :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great stuff. That last shot is epic.

Stunning stuff! I especially appreciate the time time lapse of the starry sky beginning at 3:28. How did you accomplish such a beautiful shot? More importantly can you tell me the settings so I can attempt one? :) :) :) Thank you in advance.
Yes I would like to know the details on how you set up the night time lapse.

What is the setting on your GoPro, seems like not much horizon distortion. Are you using a special lens or post correcting?

that bit is not GoPro (I hope you realize that), that was Nikon D750 with 14mm lens, can't remember the exact settings, but more likely something like f/2.8, ISO 1600, 20secs exposure, taking a shot every 25 or 30secs for a period of 2-3 hours.

that bit is not GoPro (I hope you realize that), that was Nikon D750 with 14mm lens, can't remember the exact settings, but more likely something like f/2.8, ISO 1600, 20secs exposure, taking a shot every 25 or 30secs for a period of 2-3 hours.
Good to know. I have a Canon 5D, you have inspired me to try a timeless with it. That was beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig