Trouble with auto land

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
New to this forum and wanted to know if anyone experienced solo have trouble with auto land. Mines would be brought to about 3-4 feet off the ground and auto land would be activated as solo touches down it would bounce a few times before flipping over. This happened to me twice and am wondering what's up with that. Anyone experienced this?

Nope first I've heard of flip on landing some said they flipped on takeoff I think mostly before the update I saw these posts. Have you attempted to do both calibrations, I'd start there and maybe try to swap out props if stability doesn't seem great during flight as well. My first set seemed a bit less balanced than those I'm running now but that could have been result of update as well I guess. I know after update I wasn't getting a gps lock forever and after doing level and compass calibration now she's locked within 30 seconds consistently. Not sure fire fix but may be a start if not submit a ticket and see what they say.

Welcome to the forum hope you get things worked out.

Reactions: 808roller
I have only used auto land once or twice when I first got the Solo but I initiated it 30 to 40 feet off the ground and I did not have a problem.
Edit:
I would submit a trouble ticket to see what support says about it. In the meantime, land manually, it's pretty easy. Also, not sure about initiating auto land that low. That may be part of the problem.

Last edited:
Seemed to work well the couple times I tried it early on at 10 feet or so but I don't believe I've tried again since update thinking about it now.

Hello everyone,
New to this forum and wanted to know if anyone experienced solo have trouble with auto land. Mines would be brought to about 3-4 feet off the ground and auto land would be activated as solo touches down it would bounce a few times before flipping over. This happened to me twice and am wondering what's up with that. Anyone experienced this?

You need to re-calibrate using the 3DR solo app from a level surface. I did this at the suggestion of support and before 1.0.5 update and no flip overs since then.

Thanks for the response guys all is helpful. I do have the latest update but have not calibrated since first flight. I'll do it next flight and see how it goes. Trouble ticket sent and waiting the 2-3 day response. Thanks again and I'll let you all know how it went.

Reactions: Raybro
I'm surprised how well mine auto takes off or lands. It does a good job, no matter if flying from grass or hard top on a street or a driveway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc