Transmitter Tray For SOLO

Reaction score
I'm interested in locating a Transmitter Tray for my SOLO controller.
Is anyone using one?
The controller is relatively small and with added weight of a Shield K1 tablet and sunshade it gets difficult to hold for extended times.
So, looking for suggestions or advice for some form of a tray.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

I kind of like the balance that this would provide since I'm using a 9.7" Samsung Tab S2.
I may to attempt to design something similar using Rams mounts to hold my tablet when I have some free time.

Singahobby FPV Transmitter Tray | Singapore Hobby Supplies Pte Ltd

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have used this alternative to a tray and really like it. With a little tweaking for the Solo it provides much of the benefit of a tray without the bulk, added weight, and it is easy to store in my backpack. Takes seconds to put on or off and is very comfortable.

I added a strip of industrial velcro to the inside "U" of the controller holder and the corresponding piece on the front edge of the Solo controller. This helps stabilize the controller and allows one to bend over without the controller falling out of the holder. At all times the lanyard strap is connected to the controller.

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI Phantom 1/2/3 and Inspire 1 Remote Controller

With little searching it can usually be found for less.

Last edited:
I have used this alternative to a tray and really like it. With a little tweaking for the Solo it provides much of the benefit of tray without the bulk, added weight, and it is easy to store in my backpack. Takes seconds to put on or off and is very comfortable.

I added a strip of industrial velcro to the inside "U" of the controller holder and the corresponding piece on the front edge of the Solo controller. This helps stabilize the controller and allows one to bend over without the controller falling out of the holder. At all times the lanyard strap is connected to the controller.

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI Phantom 1/2/3 and Inspire 1 Remote Controller

With little searching it can usually be found for less.

I'll bite. Looks sweet.
Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI Phantom 1/2/3/4 & Inspire | eBay

I like it, $45 on ebay. May have to give it a try.
Can't justify the $100 dollar ones I've been looking at elsewhere.
Kitchen Table Review
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
The "U" shaped cloth covered part that the controller slips into is too wide as received, the DJI controller must be thicker.

I put a piece of scrap wood in mine about the thickness of the Solo controller and bend the top piece down. You want to bend this horizontal piece down as close to the vertical piece as possible so that you get fuller contact along the horizontal piece against the controller. Don't just bent the open end of the "U" down. It is thick metal. and takes some working to achieve the best fit. Be careful not to mess up the gray covering material over the metal as you bend or pound the metal into shape.

There are other methods to take up this slack but that is the one I chose.

The Velcro in the "U" and on the nose of the controller are essential IMO.

Once done it is a very nice solution to having the controller where you want it. I really disliked the controller always swinging in the way when bending over the Solo on the ground. With this harness and Velcro it stays against your stomach when bending and flying.

If I lost mine I would do it again. It is the possibly my favorite add to the Solo or even with the M8N and FPLVR upgrade.

Reactions: FamilyFlyGuy
The "U" shaped cloth covered part that the controller slips into is too wide as received, the DJI controller must be thicker.

I put a piece of scrap wood in mine about the thickness of the Solo controller and bend the top piece down. You want to bend this horizontal piece down as close to the vertical piece as possible so that you get fuller contact along the horizontal piece against the controller. Don't just bent the open end of the "U" down. It is thick metal. and takes some working to achieve the best fit. Be careful not to mess up the gray covering material over the metal as you bend or pound the metal into shape.

There are other methods to take up this slack but that is the one I chose.

The Velcro in the "U" and on the nose of the controller are essential IMO.

Once done it is a very nice solution to having the controller where you want it. I really disliked the controller always swinging in the way when bending over the Solo on the ground. With this harness and Velcro it stays against your stomach when bending and flying.

If I lost mine I would do it again. It is the possibly my favorite add to the Solo or even with the M8N and FPLVR upgrade.

Thanks Greg
I'm ordering the Yuneec version because it has 2 clips verses DJI's 1. This will allow me to attach the 2 clips to my tablet's 3d printed sun shade further away and wider apart. This triangular set up is what I've been looking to achieve for stability. I think it will work well.

http://www.bestemaerial.com/assets/images/BT-HARNESS-TYPH__5.JPG

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for Yuneec Typhoon H Remote Controllers

FFG,

It will be interesting to see how that works out. I hope the connection of the sunshade to the controller is solid enough to support the weight.

FFG,

It will be interesting to see how that works out. I hope the connection of the sunshade to the controller is solid enough to support the weight.
I'm using short length Ram Mounts bolted tightly to the radio mount without the ball and riser. The shade is very snugly fitted to the tablet which the Bestem clips will snap onto.

I'm using short length Ram Mounts bolted tightly to the radio mount without the ball and riser. The shade is very snugly fitted to the tablet which the Bestem clips will snap onto.

If you get a chance, how about posting a picture of that? Thanks

Sure thing, ordered everything today. Some of the Ram Mount components are b/o'ed from B&H, so I will as soon as I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle