Trade brand new battery for backpack

Reaction score
Thanks to Best Buy deals, I have 3 solos (two still in box), 19 batteries of which 12 still unopened, unknown number of propellers, two extra gimbals.

I'm looking for a straight trade of one of my new batteries for your Solo backpack. Can be used, but must be in near new condition, no tears, no stains.

I'm in the Fresno, CA area but will be visiting the San Jose / Sunnyvale area in mid February. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Hey maybe offer two or three new batteries and that would be an awesome deal. Someone can pick up a a battery easily for $40.00 but a backpack your talking about costs over $150.
Doesn't seem like a fair trade.

19 batteries

they will go bad on you before you have chance to use them.

get em sold.
here in the UK they are still fetching £99
gimbals are still £199
solo no gimbal £700
props are £37 for a pair.

pity best buy wouldn't ship to the uk.:(

anyway, a relative of mine has done for me :D

so i have 2 solos 6 batteries 2 gimbals and 5 full sets of props.

if i decide to sell things i will make more than i paid for it, buttttt I'm not selling, this bird is amazing and it never ceases to amaze me every time i fly it, that we are allowed to use such amazing technology.

i love my new bird, the misses thinks I'm seeing someone they way i talk about it lol

:D:D

19 batteries

they will go bad on you before you have chance to use them.

get em sold.
here in the UK they are still fetching £99
gimbals are still £199
solo no gimbal £700
props are £37 for a pair.

pity best buy wouldn't ship to the uk.:(

anyway, a relative of mine has done for me :D

so i have 2 solos 6 batteries 2 gimbals and 5 full sets of props.

if i decide to sell things i will make more than i paid for it, buttttt I'm not selling, this bird is amazing and it never ceases to amaze me every time i fly it, that we are allowed to use such amazing technology.

i love my new bird, the misses thinks I'm seeing someone they way i talk about it lol

:D:D
I fully agree w/you. I have one brand new battery still wrapped up that I'm saving for when one of my other 5 batteries go bad. I have two solos at the moment too. I'm thinking about getting a replacement shell right now incase of a minor crash that breaks the arm or something. They go for $75 to $100 right now.
The reason I bought a spare solo was to use motopods as replacements, gps board, or anything that I can swap out easily.
another reason was having 5 batteries in circulation and only one charger made no sense. In one flying session I can go through 3 batteries easily. A charger costs up to anywhere from $75 to $100 as well. Such a rip of but whatever so that's why I bought a spare solo lol..

Reactions: speatuk
19 batteries and 12+ unopened sounds like scalper trying to wait till the stock is out and then selling for ridiculous amounts of money.
Just the same as 2 props on amazon from a seller asking $29.99 and then $15.99 for shipping and handling. What a joke. Parts, batteries, gimbles, backpacks, and propellers can all be bought well below $100 for the most expensive ones if you look hard enough and don't inpulse buy right away.
Happy flying though!

I p
Hey maybe offer two or three new batteries and that would be an awesome deal. Someone can pick up a a battery easily for $40.00 but a backpack your talking about costs over $150.
Doesn't seem like a fair trade.

Nah, 2 or 3 batteries for 1 backpack = no go. In a few months, batteries will not be $40 bucks a pop anymore.

For $150, bucks I would prefer to get a Think Tank backpack for the Solo, which I actually have one coming in from Amazon today. Still need another one for my 3rd solo. (Just like to have my Solos ready to roll when I need them.)

I also built my own 6-port battery charger that I can charge 6 batteries at once so there won't be much of a problem with charging multiple batteries.

I wasn't thinking about scalping, but now that someone mentioned it, I just might if the supply and demand issue becomes a problem down the line.

Still open to 1-to-1 trade for those who have extra back packs.

I would bet that batteries will be $40-$60 bucks easily. The solo may be out of manufacturing but I gaureentee the batteries won't be for a very long time. Batteries cost wise are cheaper and easier to produce in the long run compared to every single component in the solo drone. With the solo you still need man power to put it all together compared to a battery which is mass produced by machines. So in the long run your better off either saving them or selling them. Either way good luck and I'm happy that you enjoy your solos!! They are awesome and fun to fly!

Also it's easier to find a factory that would be willing to sign a contract to produce X amount of batteries at a specific cost compared to finding one to build a complex drone with a ton of sodder needed to be completed. Time wise batteries will be cheaper and quicker to make than a solo drone any day of the week. Exactly why 3DR stopped making drones was because time wise the parts were hard to produce and buy. On top of that it was too expensive on their part to sell for a nice profit. That's why they came out the gate at roughly $1,000. I bet they didn't make much profit on their bottom line and that's why they quickly stopped unfortunately. Bad deals all day long. I'm not a business expert but that's just how bad things happen fast for companies. Especially when new to the market, other businesses that produce the consumer goods for you will charge higher compared to lets say Apple, Which have their manufacturing down to a tee.

I p

Nah, 2 or 3 batteries for 1 backpack = no go. In a few months, batteries will not be $40 bucks a pop anymore.

For $150, bucks I would prefer to get a Think Tank backpack for the Solo, which I actually have one coming in from Amazon today. Still need another one for my 3rd solo. (Just like to have my Solos ready to roll when I need them.)

I also built my own 6-port battery charger that I can charge 6 batteries at once so there won't be much of a problem with charging multiple batteries.

I wasn't thinking about scalping, but now that someone mentioned it, I just might if the supply and demand issue becomes a problem down the line.

Still open to 1-to-1 trade for those who have extra back packs.
If I were you and had three solos I would designate ONE or TWO of them as spare incase one crashes someday and the others will be completely brand spanking new. No point to have 3 different solos in operation just for the hell of it. And trust me, one day you will crash one and it will crack in arm. It's just a matter of time untill you hear of more people doing stupid things and cracking theirs up in now time.

Master yi.....1 battery for a backpack...you are a scalper......I hope your 19 batteries go bad before you get a chance to sell for $100 each......go buy a DJI with your profits....geez

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Middletonhero10
Master yi.....1 battery for a backpack...you are a scalper......I hope your 19 batteries go bad before you get a chance to sell for $100 each......go buy a DJI with your profits....geez

I ageee"Bilge", that's the first thought I had when I saw that. It's just like all the people who bought every bestbuy out of propellers when they were $3.99 and had other stores not local to them ship them out right after they buy their local best buys clean out of stock so now they can sell it for $22.00 on eBay or amazon. The worst I've seen for propellers is $46.00 for pair.
That's why you don't see any bestbuys carrying them anymore. It's ok to buy 6 plus for your self but what I've heard so far is literally I walked in to one and the person told me right away some guy just cleaned our entire stock out.

Also why someone would need that many batteries is absolutely ridiculous.
If you are flying for 1 hour straight and not giving your solo or any drone alittle time to cool down you'll eventually burn your motor out or something worse. He will never need or use 19 batteries in a given day and be like oh crap I need to recharge them. He just thinks it's cool to have that many. He already spent almost $2,000 on a $299.00 drone lol. That's a down payment on a nice car.

Last edited:

lol I don't think anybody would buy a battery for $100 dollars right now bcuz the 3DR authorized service has them for almost half the price brand new and some other parts as well.

Reactions: markato
Also why someone would need that many batteries is absolutely ridiculous.
If you are flying for 1 hour straight and not giving your solo or any drone a little time to cool down you'll eventually burn your motor out or something worse. .

Buying lots of batteries or lots of props on sale?: It's that damn American Capitalism again..;) From iPhones to the latest hottest toy to superbowl tickets, it's always been that way; Buy low sell HIGH. I don't see a problem with it. A few years ago I bough 5000 rounds of ammo when it was cheap. Probably won't ever sell any, but that's was my choice. Somebody behind me was probably disappointed though.

Flying 1 hour straight getting the motors hot? A couple of minutes at a given load, the motors are at the temp they will be at the rest of the flight. You do know that 3DR hovered a Solo for 45 straight days/nights without landing, right? Under your theory of getting hotter after an hour, the motors should have long liquefied from melting under the extreme heat.

Hey I appreciate your input, I did not know that about the 3DR solo that they flew it for that long. I'm hoping that you can possibly link me that article or video or something so i can verify it. That would be nice to know if that's the truth or not. I'm not calling bull crap yet but I don't think It would be very good for your solo to fly so long straight.

I also understand the American capitalism way, it's how it's always has been and is sometimes disappointing. There's nothing wrong with buying large but you do know that a lot of stores set limits for bulk buy now, on a lot of products such as ammo because they want to have stock for other people so it's fair. Best Buy should have done that. They would have been sold out regardless sooner then later. It would avoided the whole scalping thing and people having 30 plus propellers and crashing their solos in the first month and only using 4 of them.

In the end please link me an article for your claim of 45 days straight, thank you!

Hey I appreciate your input, I did not know that about the 3DR solo that they flew it for that long. I'm hoping that you can possibly link me that article or video or something so i can verify it. That would be nice to know if that's the truth or not. I'm not calling bull crap yet but I don't think It would be very good for your solo to fly so long straight.

I also understand the American capitalism way, it's how it's always has been and is sometimes disappointing. There's nothing wrong with buying large but you do know that a lot of stores set limits for bulk buy now, on a lot of products such as ammo because they want to have stock for other people so it's fair. Best Buy should have done that. They would have been sold out regardless sooner then later. It would avoided the whole scalping thing and people having 30 plus propellers and crashing their solos in the first month and only using 4 of them.

In the end please link me an article for your claim of 45 days straight, thank you!
Google is your friend.. Try 3dr Solo Tether NAB

I have looked for it, no result my friend. I'm hoping if you find it you can link it to me.
Really? You must have a different Google than me..;) 2nd link that came up. Flew for 4 days straight at NAB, 45 days at 3DR in initial testing. Of course, those of us that were here talked about it at the time. And here is the product video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really? You must have a different Google than me..;) 2nd link that came up. Flew for 4 days straight at NAB, 45 days at 3DR in initial testing. Of course, those of us that were here talked about it at the time. And here is the product video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I appreciate that link. But some points you made were 45 days straight of flying. No where in the video was this proven. The only think that stuck out to me was he stated it was flown for almost three days without landing but he contradicted himself by saying it was flown roughly 10 hours a day. 10 hours a day is no where near 1,080 hours for a total worth of 45 days. Flying for 10 hours a day for three days in a row is only 30 hours in three days total. Like I said I would like you to prove to me and the rest of the community that in fact what you said is true about flying it 45 days straight days NON STOP, not just 10 hours a day for theee days.

Also what I'm reading is that solo motors have a life span roughly of 150 hours. Which sounds accurate. But basically In order for that 45 day test to work they had to change the motor pods mid air or had upgraded motors in that test

I appreciate that link. But some points you made were 45 days straight of flying. No where in the video was this proven. The only think that stuck out to me was he stated it was flown for almost three days without landing but he contradicted himself by saying it was flown roughly 10 hours a day. 10 hours a day is no where near 1,080 hours for a total worth of 45 days. Flying for 10 hours a day for three days in a row is only 30 hours in three days total. Like I said I would like you to prove to me and the rest of the community that in fact what you said is true about flying it 45 days straight days NON STOP, not just 10 hours a day for theee days.
Read Much? The Video was just to show you the Tether product. From the article in that link I gave you:

"Though 3D Robotics showed off a Solo hovering non stop during the 4 day confab in Las Vegas, I was told by 3D Robotics product manager that they’ve tested it a lot longer than that. We’re talking 45 days of non stop flight to see just how long they can power the Solo from the device. And I’m told it could have flown longer had not the Solo the rotors not finally gave out from hovering that long."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela