Tracking GPS placement

I've read that to reduce interference, the best place to put it is near the back of the Solo where there is the hockey puck shape sticking out. Hope it helps!
This really helps! I tried to put my Trackimo GPS tracker on the back of my Solo and really works fine to me.

I have a Trackimo GPS tracker (for the dog). If I use it on the Solo it will be Velcro'd to the top of the battery where it will have good visibility of the sky and the battery will hopefully shield the Solo electronics from the GSM signals it emits.

I look forward to the pics when you have time. I wonder if they could make a longer time about 40 or 45 minutes then that would give the PIC time to set up the shot and land for a few moments.
Sorry for getting back to this so late. I'll post photos of my setup this weekend.

This is quote from my original post: I installed a small unit from rcbeacon.com, the unit transmits a radio beacon for a directional receiver to easily track location. The transmitter is small, I actually mounted it inside of Solo's #2 motor pod arm and routed the antenna down the same leg. What is sweet about this unit is that it doesn't start transmitting until 30 minutes after it has been activated, so it doesn't interfere with Solo's own communication. Got the whole kit including transmitter, receiver and yagi antenna for ~$160.00 USD. (Current exchange is 1.46:1 US)
The thing will transmit for weeks. Check out their website.

The transmitter is lightweight only 0.4oz. and simply slips into the motor pod arm. The battery is good for better than a year when inactive and is easy to change. The jumper is a simple 2 prong PC jumper, it pulls of with no resistance when Solo lifts off, activating the transmitter 30 minutes later. Will transmit for weeks after activation. When you land to change Solo's battery just reattach the jumper to start the process over.
The receiver uses a Yagi antenna, just simply aim for greatest signal, mark your heading. Triangulate for a cross reference heading and you can get a pretty accurate location of downed craft. The transmitter emits a intermittent beep that can be heard ~30 feet away.
20170318_160717-1.jpg 20170318_160738-1-picsay.jpg 20170318_160844-1.jpg 20170318_161723-1.jpg 20170318_161756-1-picsay.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Trackimo GPS tracker (for the dog). If I use it on the Solo it will be Velcro'd to the top of the battery where it will have good visibility of the sky and the battery will hopefully shield the Solo electronics from the GSM signals it emits.
im also using this kind of method to attached my Trackimo device in my solo

GPS units require cellular service to get the location to you. No service, no find.

Not complete coverage, especially in the mountainous area I live in.

I'm really learning a lot in here, that trackimo seems promising for solo owners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela