Towering with my Solo...

J R

Reaction score
Okay guys here it goes. My first attempt at actually producing something with my Solo. Got a break in the weather and got a little flight time. I ran a few Tower runs and pulled these clips together. Not much but a start! Thanks to everyone that contributes here and helps me to continue moving forward. The clip is at 1080p.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay guys here it goes. My first attempt at actually producing something with my Solo. Got a break in the weather and got a little flight time. I ran a few Tower runs and pulled these clips together. Not much but a start! Thanks to everyone that contributes here and helps me to continue moving forward. The clip is at 1080p.

Jerry

Great job JR! Love your place. That many out buildings, has to be a working farm/ranch?

Reactions: J R
That was awesome! The pool didn't look very inviting!

For me, one of the things which added some dimension was the reverse shot at the end... some more of that mingled in would be great.

Great job Jerry. By the way I did my first Tower runs today!

Great shots, editing and good music. Did you think about adding a shot looking straight down at say 300-400 feet? Good work. I am really starting to like Tower.

Great job Jerry. By the way I did my first Tower runs today!

Jon,

Thanks! I hate that damned pool but the kids loved it growing up out here. You're going to love Tower. I'm starting to get quite comfortable with it. Gotta figure out how to smooth out the splines.

Jerry

Did you think about adding a shot looking straight down at say 300-400 feet?

Pogo,

Thanks! I can't tell you how many shots I already have from up above! Tower is a good app, I hope they continue to enhance it. It's a fantastic foundation with a great deal of promise.

Jerry

how did you get tower to fly that slow
mine rockets

Pyrate,

In Tower you have to put a "change speed" waypoint in your mission. Here's a quick example. You can put multiple "change speed" waypoints in a single mission.

Jerry

Doesn't changing the speed from one waypoint to the next slow your solo down? If you change speed to next waypoint to 1mph, does it still rocket?

Tro,

Tower has it's own speed control and does not care how you have it set up in the Solo app. For some unknown reason, Tower is defaulted to "rocket". Scared the hell out of me on my first run or two!

I always put me first waypoint directly in front of me by about 30' at the default altitude of 66'. After GPS lock, I take off manually in Fly mode. I raise the bird about 20' out and 20' up, let it hover for a minute just to make sure the lock is good and I check all of my displayed data. If everything looks good, I hit the "auto" icon to start the mission.

My 2nd waypoint is always a "change speed" waypoint. By doing this the way I described, going that 46' up and 19' forward is all that's going in "rocket", every other waypoint will be at a dramatically slower speed. I make most of my runs between 12-18mph. Faster if I'm going for distance. The faster you go, the more unstable the camera and gimbal gets.

Jerry

I get what you are saying Jerry. I guess what I'm not understanding is, if you click on an individual waypoint, it brings up a parameter box, that has a dial and you can dial the height and speed. In same box, you can touch the top and brings down a drop menu that allows you to select type of waypoint.

My question is (and hopefully by end of weekend, I'll be able to answer this by actually doing). If you change the speed in the box, does this not change the speed?

Ok, just saw the reply before the one were you replied to me. Watched your video. You are explaining, what I thought I was explains also. Except I thought when you clicked on the waypoint, it was giving you a speed option there. Instead you have to do exactly like you explained.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle