Tower questions

Reaction score
Scenario: You upload a Tower mission to Solo and "Skip" adding take off and landing waypoints. You then take off and switch to Auto and Solo starts to execute the Tower mission you uploaded.

When the mission is completed and Solo is at that last waypoint "Loitering" I've seen videos where you're told to hit Return Home to have Solo return and land. But what if you don't want to Return Home? Will FLY or switching to Manual (programmed to button A) give you control and let you take over?

Also, if at any point during the Tower mission, would FLY or Manual basically abort the Tower mission ahd give you control.

Last question: Does hitting PAUSE during a mission just temporarily halt the mission until you press PAUSE again?

I figure it's better to have a clear understanding of just what happens then trying to figure it all out mid-flight. :)

You can take control at any time with the Fly or A/B buttons. If you want to Pause, then use the Pause feature in Tower. Use Auto to return to the mission. I use Tower a lot and I always let it append the mission with Takeoff/Home WPs. I rarely use them but having them in there doesn't hurt anything and my help on the return. I generally take off in manual mode and fly close to the first WP. When the mission is complete and it starts home, I put it back in manual to bring it in my self.

Thanks much for the input.

When the mission is complete and it starts home, I put it back in manual to bring it in my self.

"Back in manual" meaning either pressing FLY or one of the A/B buttons set to Manual?

I'm asking mainly because in early Tower tests without letting the app automatically add take off and landing points, I couldn't regain control after the last waypoint was reached.

Thanks much for the input.

"Back in manual" meaning either pressing FLY or one of the A/B buttons set to Manual?

I'm asking mainly because in early Tower tests without letting the app automatically add take off and landing points, I couldn't regain control after the last waypoint was reached.
With one of the A/B buttons assigned to manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela