Tower Problems

JLJ

Reaction score
Hi

It's been several weeks since I have flown my Solo, I just got it out of the backpack to turn it on inside the house and check if there were any updates and the Solo would connect and send live video feed perfectly if I use the Solo app but when I go into tower and I hit connect it says connection failed: No devices found. I hav shut down everything, including the Samsung tablet and turn on everything back again in the same order I used to do it and same problem. Solo apps works perfectly with video feed but Tower gets no video and no connection.

Any help? thank You very much

I'm very new to Solo and Tower, but in the settings has the connection type reset back to USB? And it should be UDP I think?

Reactions: Maddog
Indeed my friend, you are the best, that was the problem, it was in USB, changed to UDP and it connected right away. You are great, thank you very much for your quick reply.

Regards

I'm very new to Solo and Tower, but in the settings has the connection type reset back to USB? And it should be UDP I think?

This thing is driving me nuts, I now have another problem. If I go into Tower and click the video screen to make it bigger, if I take a few pictures everything is fine but if I change from picture to video the screen turns black and the camera freezes, the only way for the camera to work again is if I get the battery out of it. After I reset everything and go back to the solo app it says this camera can't be used with the solo because it needs to be updated, the latest firmaware from Gopro is V03 and that's whatI have. I connect my camera to gopro program and there is no firmware available so now what? anybody having this problem?

this is very furstrating

Gopro says the latest firmware for gopro4 hero black is V03.00.00 and my camera says V03.00, would that be same firmware? I guess yes since when I connect to the gopro software there are no updates available.

Gopro says the latest firmware for gopro4 hero black is V03.00.00 and my camera says V03.00, would that be same firmware? I guess yes since when I connect to the gopro software there are no updates available.
I have the GoPro 4S and you have the current GoPro version.
3DR did push out an update for Solo a few days ago. Did you update Solo & the controller successfully?

Hi Maddog, I checked for updates and there are none available, I restart the Solo and controller several times and camera keeps freezing and sending a black screes if I move from camera ro video on tower.

why Am I not getting the updates? this is weird.

Thank You for your reply

I have the GoPro 4S and you have the current GoPro version.
3DR did push out an update for Solo a few days ago. Did you update Solo & the controller successfully?

Just noticed the problem is when I try to take pictures, for example, I can go into Solo App and record without a problem, I can go to Tower and record video without a problem, I can change to still pictures in tower and go to the app and take pictures without a problem but if I come back to Tower and take pictures the gopro will freeze and the screen will turn black so problem is while in picture mode and when I try to take pictures from tower.

OH My [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] Lord, (sorry for the word) but I am about to destroy this thing, It is amazing, I had fight with this thing for months until I finally had eliminated all the gimbal noise and vibration, it was perfect, now, I just updated the Solo app with the latest version and vibration and noise came back, now what I will do?

Last edited by a moderator:
OH My [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] Lord, (sorry for the word) but I am about to destroy this thing, It is amazing, I had fight with this thing for months until I finally had eliminated all the gimbal noise and vibration, it was perfect, now, I just updated the Solo app with the latest version and vibration and noise came back, now what I will do?
Well, have a beer, kick back, chill out. Get some rest tonight & go to a cool movie tomorrow. Come back to Solo later & see what happens.

Some day we're all going to look back at this stuff & laugh.:rolleyes:

Well, have a beer, kick back, chill out. Get some rest tonight & go to a cool movie tomorrow. Come back to Solo later & see what happens.

Some day we're all going to look back at this stuff & laugh.:rolleyes:
The best answer ever. This should be available as a standard response on a button...
Nothing like a bit of sleep and time to think about something else.

Reactions: Maddog
Hahahahahaha good answer Maddog but the thing won't fix by itself, any guess as to what could be happening?

Thanks

Hahahahahaha good answer Maddog but the thing won't fix by itself, any guess as to what could be happening?

Thanks
I know- sometimes getting away from something will give birth to new ideas.
I'm not familiar with Tower, so I have no idea what's going on.:(

Just a thought. What micro sd card are you using? Have you tried this with a different card? Maybe reformat the one that's in it? I don't know enough about tower to know if it's a tower glitch or a camera glitch.

Hi Troiano

thought about that too, will look into it some more. I have now two problems, one if the gopro hero 4 freezing and the other one is that after the solo app was updated last night the vibration and noises came.

Any guess as why an what to do with the noise and vibration, the solo was perfectly ok before the updated app yesterday.

Just a thought. What micro sd card are you using? Have you tried this with a different card? Maybe reformat the one that's in it? I don't know enough about tower to know if it's a tower glitch or a camera glitch.

I have to admit, I don't yet have a Solo. Been studying everything I can, so it's easier when I do get my hands on one.

I have, however built 2 Discovery Pros, a DJI f550 and two 250 sized mini's.

My question is, you mentioned it had been a few weeks since you last flew the solo. So I'm assuming everything was fine (as far as your vibration in video issue goes). Yesterday prior to updating, had the video all looked fine and then you updated and now it's not? Or had you not been able to see the video prior to updating? I ask because if it was the later, in wondering if something might have wiggled loose since the last time you flew?

Is the GoPro firmly seated in the gimbal and all connections to it solid?

I remember reading a few weeks ago about a GoPro update that messed up the video out from the micro usb connector on the GoPro. Not sure if that was fully resolved or not. But I also don't know how the GoPro connects into the gimbal (micro usb or back connector).

Hi, Thank You for your reply and help.

Yes, everything was find before the Solo app update I did last night, I had no vibration and no noise in the gimbal. Did the upgrade and noise and gimbal are now present.

I did not try to take pictures and video from Tower before, last night was the first time I tried and it was freezing before and after the update. Don't know why that is.

I have to admit, I don't yet have a Solo. Been studying everything I can, so it's easier when I do get my hands on one.

I have, however built 2 Discovery Pros, a DJI f550 and two 250 sized mini's.

My question is, you mentioned it had been a few weeks since you last flew the solo. So I'm assuming everything was fine (as far as your vibration in video issue goes). Yesterday prior to updating, had the video all looked fine and then you updated and now it's not? Or had you not been able to see the video prior to updating? I ask because if it was the later, in wondering if something might have wiggled loose since the last time you flew?

Is the GoPro firmly seated in the gimbal and all connections to it solid?

I remember reading a few weeks ago about a GoPro update that messed up the video out from the micro usb connector on the GoPro. Not sure if that was fully resolved or not. But I also don't know how the GoPro connects into the gimbal (micro usb or back connector).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela