Tower--problems with newest Solo firmware?

Reaction score
Hi,

Two problems with Solo since new firmware update:

1--Auto missions spontaneously went into LOITER mode. Seems like this happens after reconnecting with Controller. I was able to hit AUTO on the Tower app to continue.

2--RTL flakiness. When in FLY mode, I hit the RTL button on the Controller. It spontaneously went into LOITER once, another time went into LAND mode.

Anyone having success with Tower and the newest Solo firmware?

Hi,

Two problems with Solo since new firmware update:

1--Auto missions spontaneously went into LOITER mode. Seems like this happens after reconnecting with Controller. I was able to hit AUTO on the Tower app to continue.

2--RTL flakiness. When in FLY mode, I hit the RTL button on the Controller. It spontaneously went into LOITER once, another time went into LAND mode.

Anyone having success with Tower and the newest Solo firmware?
Definitely very unusual. I run Tower regularly with the new FW. Here is one I ran today. Check to be sure that your Fly button is not sticking. Several users have had an issue with the Controller buttons.

Following up:

I flew 4 survey missions this morning, in Tower Auto mode.

FS_THR_ENABLE was set to 2 (Enabled Continue Mission in Auto Mode)

Firmware:
Solo 2.4.0
Autopilot 2.0.20
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller 2.4.0
Controller Firmware 1.2.11

I put the controller into my car to make sure signal was lost with Solo. Mission continued, as expected, Controller said "waiting for Solo", Tower was disconnected.

As soon as the Controller and Solo reconnected, it switched to mode LOITER. I tapped Auto in Tower to restart the mission, and that worked.

This happened in all 4 test flights.

Perhaps there is a parameter that controls this behavior...and the setting was changed in the new firmware download.

Anyone want to confirm this on their setup?

Following up:

I flew 4 survey missions this morning, in Tower Auto mode.

FS_THR_ENABLE was set to 2 (Enabled Continue Mission in Auto Mode)

Firmware:
Solo 2.4.0
Autopilot 2.0.20
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller 2.4.0
Controller Firmware 1.2.11

I put the controller into my car to make sure signal was lost with Solo. Mission continued, as expected, Controller said "waiting for Solo", Tower was disconnected.

As soon as the Controller and Solo reconnected, it switched to mode LOITER. I tapped Auto in Tower to restart the mission, and that worked.

This happened in all 4 test flights.

Perhaps there is a parameter that controls this behavior...and the setting was changed in the new firmware download.

Anyone want to confirm this on their setup?
Using the Solo app, if you put it in Manual or any other mode, will it stay in that mode? Or does it only switch from Guided.

I am not sure I understand your question Jubair--do you mean the Tower app?

Otherwise, I ran a flight using the iPhone Solo app today (2.4.0).

I did switch from FLY to MANUAL to do some practice. It operated as expected, no spontaneous changes from mode to mode.

I am having the exact same problem. When radio is reconnected, the solo goes into loiter automatically. I have to change the mode to auto in Tower to continue the mission. Has any found a fix yet?

Jason Short said it's a known issue and it was fixed yesterday, so it should (hopefully) make its way into the next update. They were discussing the issue with Mission Planner, but I would think Tower suffers from the same.

Thanks Steve for the update.

I am getting the same results in Mission Planner and Tower.

Can the firmware be downgrade until there is a fix?

No [easy] downgrade, although some have discusses how to do it on these pages.

The biggest problem with this bug is that the camera will not hold its angle. Once it loses radio signal, the camera points level. Once it comes back into signal, it goes back to where you pointed it at launch.

Anyone else seeing that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc