Tower closes after connecting to Solo?

Reaction score
Hi,

My issue is that once I want to connect Tower to Solo to conduct pre planned missions the application connects, shows the "arm" and "dronie" icons on left down corner and informs that flight mode is loiter, but shuts down immediately soon after.

Taken from Solo app -> Settings -> System Info
App 2.3.0
Solo 2.4.0
Autopilot 2.0.20
Controller 2.4.0
Controller Firmware 1.2.11

Taken from Tower app -> Settings
Version Tower-v3.2.1
Firmware Version -
Vehicle Type Unknown

3DR services is v1.5.3

Hardware
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T715) 8.0
Android 5.0.2

Regards Markus

Hi Mark, have you tried shutting off your Tab and back on?
How 'bout deleting and reinstalling Tower?

Markus,

Something happened in the newer versions of the apps or the firmware. I haven't been flying my Solo as much for a while. About two weeks ago I got it out, updated everything and went out to do a few Tower runs. I could not get it to connect to both apps at all. I finally gave up. It used to work flawlessly and I always flew with both apps running, flipping between them frequently as indicated in this year old video. I'm guessing it's not going to get fixed.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If 3DR Solo App is running in background. Close 3DR Solo App and try again.
Tower 4.0 does not enjoy the company of 3DR Solo App.
Markus,

Something happened in the newer versions of the apps or the firmware. I haven't been flying my Solo as much for a while. About two weeks ago I got it out, updated everything and went out to do a few Tower runs. I could not get it to connect to both apps at all. I finally gave up. It used to work flawlessly and I always flew with both apps running, flipping between them frequently as indicated in this year old video. I'm guessing it's not going to get fixed.

Jerry
You are both replying to a 4-month old post where the OP was using the old versions of virtually everything. One big difference in Solo app 2.4.0 and Tower 4 is that they are no longer dependent on 3DR Services.

You are both replying to a 4-month old post where the OP was using the old versions of virtually everything. One big difference in Solo app 2.4.0 and Tower 4 is that they are no longer dependent on 3DR Services.
JR said his problem occurred 2 weeks ago. Isn't Solo app up to 2.4.2 now?

I'm using Solo 2.4.0 with Tower 3.2.0. Do I need to upgrade Tower to 4? If I do, will it still work with Solo 2.4.0?

If I understand this, currently, Solo 2.4.2 won't work with Tower 4.
How 'bout Solex with Tower 4?

JR said his problem occurred 2 weeks ago. Isn't Solo app up to 2.4.2 now?

I'm using Solo 2.4.0 with Tower 3.2.0. Do I need to upgrade Tower to 4? If I do, will it still work with Solo 2.4.0?

If I understand this, currently, Solo 2.4.2 won't work with Tower 4.
How 'bout Solex with Tower 4?
To answer half those questions... current Solo app is 2.4.0 which must be used with Solo FW 2.4.1 and above. However, current Solo FW is 2.4.2.

Don't know if those current users still have 3DR Services installed, but removing or being certain that isn't running may help - but I can't say that with certainty. Posts relating to the original problems were made when using SW/FW that still required Services.

Reactions: Maddog
To answer half those questions... current Solo app is 2.4.0 which must be used with Solo FW 2.4.1 and above. However, current Solo FW is 2.4.2.

Don't know if those current users still have 3DR Services installed, but removing or being certain that isn't running may help - but I can't say that with certainty. Posts relating to the original problems were made when using SW/FW that still required Services.
My bad- l was confusing FW with SW. I am on FW 2.4.1-6, GoPro works great for me there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela