Tower app? use for Solo?

Reaction score
Can those of you who are familiar with Tower please just give me a quick rundown of what it is and how it differs from the Solo app? Solo is my first 3DR product, so I am unfamiliar with Tower. I'm just curious if it opens up more functionality of the Solo which would be useful to me, or should I stick to the Solo app.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated

Thanks!

Tower gives you the ability to run programmed missions. Its not really a replacement for the Solo app. It has a lot of power but is a very dated interface in my opinion. The one you get on the Play Store does not have FPV but I read @Jubalr post this AM that there is a new version out with video that you can sideload onto an Android product. Oh Tower is for android only by the way.

It also has some ability to change parameters in your Solo so it flies differently.

Thanks rrmccabe. So then I'll just stick to the Solo app, though I am on Android. I'm hoping that 3DR will add some of the parameter adjustments to the Solo app through updates. Like a higher RTH altitude would make more sense IMO. I saw a post that it can be adjusted higher in Tower but I might just wait it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea