Tower and FW 2.4.2, Sliding is Back?

Reaction score
I just set up a brand new Solo, so had to download latest FW 2.4.2.

In the summer when 2.4.0 came out, I remember that Solo would now drift into waypoints (it did not in 2.3). When approaching a waypoint, it would turn first (yaw), then slide into the waypoint over a considerable distance (a few seconds).

This was fixed in 2.4.1-6 when that came out.

But now in 2.4.2, this strange sliding behavior is back.

Can anyone who flies Tower confirm this?

Other observations for Solo FW 2.4.2 when using Tower:

(comparing FW 2.4.2 to 2.4.1-6)

--Solo turns (yaw) in direction of next segment first, then slides into next waypoint. This is annoying and not good for cinematic shots. maybe it would be minimized if you are going very slow.

--segments with altitude change are very slow compared to 2.4.1-6. VERY slow.

I loaded a mission flown during the summer on FW 2.4.0, originally it took 5'30", now it takes 7'30"! that is a big difference. It used up a lot more battery too.

Hopefully someone else can post what they're seeing w/ 2.4.2 & Tower. (?)

Other observations for Solo FW 2.4.2 when using Tower:

(comparing FW 2.4.2 to 2.4.1-6)

--Solo turns (yaw) in direction of next segment first, then slides into next waypoint. This is annoying and not good for cinematic shots. maybe it would be minimized if you are going very slow.

--segments with altitude change are very slow compared to 2.4.1-6. VERY slow.

I loaded a mission flown during the summer on FW 2.4.0, originally it took 5'30", now it takes 7'30"! that is a big difference. It used up a lot more battery too.

I think I figured it out.

I downloaded my parameter list for the new Solo, compared it to an older one I had when an older Solo was performing as expected.

The WPNAV_XXXXXX parameters are different than an old list from an earllier download--the numbers are smaller (target speeds for flight, up, down, acceleration, jerk).

The strange thing is after some messing with the turtle/rabbit slider and some other monkeying (I don't recall exactly what), the WPNAV parameters got switched back to the same as that old Solo. Identitical values.

I then went and flew this new Solo--everything was back to normal. The speed was where I expected and it no longer took forever to climb/descent in Tower.

For some reason, my new Solo got an alternative set of default parameters for at least the WPNAV values...and somehow they got changed back once I started using the 3DR app.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela