Totally new and green to Solo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Rob and this is very new to me. Hoping to learn some tricks of the trade hear.

Welcome,Rob. Like pyrate says, study the manual, and then study it some more. Also, learn to use the search feature on here. It is a treasure chest of info. Learn from these resources, and you will do well. Good luck to you, and we are glad to have you aboard.........The nautical references in this post are dedicated to pyrate.......:D

Thanks Guys! I've flow it a couple of times but this GPS issue is my problem as well. Not sure why 3DR would sell something that needs a upgrade right out of the box. How does one say that's B/S..

Thanks Guys! I've flow it a couple of times but this GPS issue is my problem as well. Not sure why 3DR would sell something that needs a upgrade right out of the box. How does one say that's B/S..
You may want to consider the 3DR v2 GPS shield, as it would be the less costly help for your stock GPS. It will make a big difference. Later you can decide if you want to upgrade your GPS to something like the mRobotics M8N plug n play. It is considered by most of us to be the way to go.

Yes thanks I bought the new shield but didn't get it yet. Even that should be considered a free mod not $30. Kind of disappointed about that. Maybe 3dr should stand by their products. I will most likely upgrade the gps module but just not sure what to buy. Some are $80 and yet some are as low as $18. Please if anyone has a link to a plug and play gps send it my way.
Thanks!

You may want to consider the 3DR v2 GPS shield, as it would be the less costly help for your stock GPS. It will make a big difference. Later you can decide if you want to upgrade your GPS to something like the mRobotics M8N plug n play. It is considered by most of us to be the way to go.

QUESTION ON the v2 SHIELD --- Should I still use that with my mRo M8 that I ordered?

The shield serves a worthwhile function even with the mRo GPS. The RF noise that it blocks is still there. The mRO is much less effected by that noise than the 3DR original crap GPS. So a lot of people do not bother. But it is certainly a worthwhile product to have in place in any case. I have that new shield on my original crap GPS and it's a whole new device with it compared to before.

Reactions: Chuck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc