Top speed of 55 mph

Reaction score
I have noticed when I have the 3DR app set at top speed I only get to around 32-33 mph. What do I need to change to reach top speeds of 55 mph?

I don't remember what all is there but stabilize or manual would work
anything that does not require GPS

Like @Jubalr said, Stabilize will give full power to the motors. Ive never been able to hit top speeds in any other mode, including Acro & Sport.

I find the top speed of Solo to be about 55 mph. Above 45 mph Solo tends to lose altitude so top speed is in a dive. Not sure but I think the dive is part firmware, part aerodynamic downforce and part vector angle of the prop thrust when angled over.

In this video I used Mission Planner to set Max angle to 4500 - 45 degrees. 50 mph+ is easily achievable in a shallow dive.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo is really amazing over a year later the same Solo shot this video. Winds were 25-30 mph and Solo Follow orbited sometimes at a 30 degree angle but still framed the shot, not perfect but given the freezing windy conditions it's impressive. Put my P4 up and it had a hard time offering little usable footage. I will say my Solo flies much better with the 11" props. More stable, quieter and 15 minute flight time even at altitude.

You can actually get Solo to go much faster than 55 MPH during a dive, if you start with enough altitude, then press A+B+Pause. :D

"Not helpful, Joe." -- my sister-in-law Sue

Disclaimer: Read the owner's manual first. Thoroughly.

I've never tried it with my actual Solo, but on the Solo simulator, you can A+B+Pause at altitude, then hold Fly and recover before you hit the ground.

You can actually get Solo to go much faster than 55 MPH during a dive, if you start with enough altitude, then press A+B+Pause. :D

"Not helpful, Joe." -- my sister-in-law Sue

Disclaimer: Read the owner's manual first. Thoroughly.
Not to be a wet blanket, but I would hate for someone to get hurt not knowing that that button combination kills the motors, and potentially anything underneath the bird if not caught in time. Just saying there are a lot of new people including myself to this sport/hobby who may not get the joke :)

Not to be a wet blanket, but I would hate for someone to get hurt not knowing that that button combination kills the motors, and potentially anything underneath the bird if not caught in time. Just saying there are a lot of new people including myself to this sport/hobby who may not get the joke :)

Hence the green grin smiley, AND the quote from Sue, AND the disclaimer, in that posting. If those were insufficient, then please heed Douglas' warning, to wit: A+B+Pause stops the motors and turns your Solo into a falling brick which, if it hits you in the head after falling far enough, will kill you.

HOWEVER, that suggests a new sport, in which you kill the motors at 400' AGL, let the Solo freefall for a while, then restart the motors. The closer to the ground you get with the motors off, the higher your score. Impacting the ground before recovering flight disqualifies that flight. Disclaimer: This would be an extremely dangerous sport. Motorcycle helmet recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle