To Buy Or Not To Buy...??

Reaction score
Have 2 Solos...should I buy more? Not sure how low prices will eventually go on the bundles or Solo itself or how long till they run out. At some price point they will be good for parts too, as we know. Opinions needed...asked my wife, she says no (to everything) LOL. Also, is the GPS Shield V2 necessary, in a chat with Gio at 3DR, he says yes, and there are no coupon codes so they are full price.

I have a travel trailer I work out of... the lady never goes in there the second one went right away so I dont have to explain why I need two! but I also have so many other diy builds going on so I think I'm going to wait and see If they go down even cheaper! I know right. cheaper then $299 I must be crazy. But we'll see. Happy flying.

I'd say diversify and build a hexcopter or a racer for fun.

Those 2 solo's will last long enough to be obsolete.

I'd avoid looking more than a few years out on tech filled drone. These things are advancing very quickly(IMO like late 90's/early 00's computers).

Reactions: Stephen jennings
I too am holding at two..I've been trying to tempt my brothers into one as well.
I can hardly wait to see what is going to be at CES in 3 weeks. There's a growing number of drones there every year.

Last edited:
I just put my M8N yesterday. I went a head and bought the new shield, just waiting for it to be delivered. They send it regular snail mail and it's taking forever!!! Might just fly it with the old one.

I just put my M8N yesterday. I went a head and bought the new shield, just waiting for it to be delivered. They send it regular snail mail and it's taking forever!!! Might just fly it with the old one.

When I stopped n at Mrobotics to pick up my GPS they told me that it has internal shielding and doesn't need the shield any longer.

Have 2 Solos...should I buy more? Not sure how low prices will eventually go on the bundles or Solo itself or how long till they run out. At some price point they will be good for parts too, as we know. Opinions needed...asked my wife, she says no (to everything) LOL. Also, is the GPS Shield V2 necessary, in a chat with Gio at 3DR, he says yes, and there are no coupon codes so they are full price.
Welcome Kato. I, too, am holding at 2 Solos for now. I have a yearning for #3, but like you my wife says not now. Gee, you would think it is Christmas, or something. I will wait for a bit to seriously look into a 3rd one. The 3DR V2 shield is not really necessary, but it does make a big difference. Personally, after seeing the difference it made on both of my Solo's, I would go ahead and invest the $30. After, all, we don't know how much longer they will be available. Good luck to you, and safe flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela