Those with the Peau 3.97mm lens, are you annoyed you can't use your waterproof case anymore?

Reaction score
Those with the Peau 3.97mm lense, are you annoyed you can't use your waterproof case anymore?

There is a new lens that's 3.39mm and apparently fits. Wish that had existed before. It's a little silly that you have to re-swap the lens if you want the waterproof case to be use-able.

No, I used my Peau for solo only.
But you can use it in a case, if you use the screen back and some strategically placed foam

Reactions: spartaHawk
No, I used my Peau for solo only.
But you can use it in a case, if you use the screen back and some strategically placed foam
Those with the Peau 3.97mm lense, are you annoyed you can't use your waterproof case anymore?

There is a new lens that's 3.39mm and apparently fits. Wish that had existed before. It's a little silly that you have to re-swap the lens if you want the waterproof case to be use-able.
Pointless. If your using the 3.97.lens . You probably are using it on sUAS and don't care about using it in a waterproof case.

Pointless. If your using the 3.97.lens . You probably are using it on sUAS and don't care about using it in a waterproof case.

I don't care to ever change the lens back to stock, nor do I plan on buying a second GoPro for other non-UAV adventures including in snow and water, etc..

But I think there are a couple extended back doors that will work if I put some supporting foam inserts inside the case to hold the gopro still in there while keeping the lens from rubbing against the front glass.

Last edited:
yes that will work.
I have a few gopros been using them for years
so for me dedicating one for aerial was no big deal
but I would give the foam a go if its and issue

Reactions: SARDG

Not quite I use the standard hero 5 for filming my daughters basketball games. Was thinking about getting the 3.97 for soccer and cross country with the hero 4. The case is critical for those events.

I'll just get the other lens now that gets me halfway there. No I don't want to swap lenses in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3.97mm fits in the underwater case still i often use if on the boat fishing then switch it out for a flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc