This will be a shock

Perhaps if 3DR's site scan thing doesn't go as well as they hope, they will see that thousands more Solo's were sold since they shut down the consumer solo, and see the cash cow that it can still be by releasing the new gimbal for that Sony cam and the firmware to go along with it.

wishfull thinking but you never know what they could do in the near future to generate cash flow.

most of those vast quantities of solos sold at price points well below profitable levels
would love to see 3DR battle back, but they have lost many of the people that made solo what it was. Basically throwing th
frankly DJI is so over powering I don't see anyone dethroning them but themselves
and history has precedence for that as someone stated above

Perhaps if 3DR's site scan thing doesn't go as well as they hope, they will see that thousands more Solo's were sold since they shut down the consumer solo, and see the cash cow that it can still be by releasing the new gimbal for that Sony cam and the firmware to go along with it.

wishfull thinking but you never know what they could do in the near future to generate cash flow.
You never know for sure... I wish I were smarter. If I could just adapt the existing gimbal to work somehow.

Thousands more were sold because they were being firesaled by the Chinese manufacturing firm that holds all of 3DRs assets. At hundreds of dollars less than 3DR's cost to manufacture. The notion of anything solo related being a cash cow is a fantasy.

Reactions: Spectre95
Thousands more were sold because they were being firesaled by the Chinese manufacturing firm that holds all of 3DRs assets. At hundreds of dollars less than 3DR's cost to manufacture. The notion of anything solo related being a cash cow is a fantasy.

I agree but their market for those new gimbals is larger now than it was 6 months ago ;)

Reactions: speatuk
I was looking into this quad nut i read on other forums that is hard to get parts for them beside the basic shell or propellers. Autel want the customer to send in their drones and charge install rates. They wont sell the parts. That might be ok for some but not for me. Besides my uavs i also fly planes and drive rc cars with my kids. Part of the hobby is to fix what we break or modify it to our liking. Is this change I would probably buy one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was looking into this quad nut i read on other forums that is hard to get parts for them beside the basic shell or propellers. Autel want the customer to send in their drones and charge install rates. They wont sell the parts. That might be ok for some but not for me. Besides my uavs i also fly planes and drive rc cars with my kids. Part of the hobby is to fix what we break or modify it to our liking. Is this change I would probably buy one.

If that's the case you shouldn't be buying RTF drones with the expectation that if you wreck them they can be repaired easily. Myself? I use the Solo specifically for photography. I have a heavy hex I do a little of the same with but it's a DIY rig so if I break something I know I can get parts for it to repair it.

sorry got burned by 3DR...going to be hard to trust "small" companies again in the flying camera realm. Modular-design sounds all too familar to me.

good support is nice...the question becomes will they still exist in 12 months?

Wish them the very best...always good to have competition instead of DJI's slaughter streak.

Last edited:
Just fine with it. It's hobby photography. I'm not using it commercially.

Hey Iver always wondered what happened to the Sony bug megabyte camera for the Solo. It seems it was an option when I first looked at it...

With a proper lens you can take some nice photos with a hero 4 black
People who say you cant don't know how to use the camera

and... you can put a Leica or Hasselblad in the hands of a clueless shutterbug and outshoot them with a good Camera Phone. It's still an art, albeit a digital one now.

With a proper lens you can take some nice photos with a hero 4 black
People who say you cant don't know how to use the camera

you mean it takes another 50% of the camera's cost for it take nice photos?
tiny sensor, fixed focus, no aperture control for stills, no ISO control for stills, no SS control for stills, no RAW output

it can be decent for video, but its capabilities for photos...yeah, no.

You're almost better off screen capturing the 4K footage.

If that's the case you shouldn't be buying RTF drones with the expectation that if you wreck them they can be repaired easily. Myself? I use the Solo specifically for photography. I have a heavy hex I do a little of the same with but it's a DIY rig so if I break something I know I can get parts for it to repair it.
Respectfully Disagree, i have two diy quads with pixhawk. As a matter of fact i had diy before i bought my p3p and solo. I can find most parts for my p3p. My point here is, if you want ro pay for them to fix it then it is up to you. I want to be able to fix it myself because im capable of it. Do you take your car to the dealership every time it needs service? Some people do, i do most of the repairs in my car myself. Dont get me wrong, autel have a nice drone and i would like to get me one. I just need to wait until more parts are available in the market. Just my two cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela