This will be a shock

Reaction score
most people write me off as a solo fanboy but I quietly watch other platforms. I do have to wonder why the Autels don't get much press. Was just over reading the autel flyers. Don't seem to be many glaring issues. Their price point is pretty good, and from all reports they have good customer service. Rumors are they have a great new camera coming that does not require you buy a new copter.
What gives, is it the orange color

I've seen a few fly. They just did lay off a bunch of people I think. Article I read on DIY Drones or sUAS News.

I am with Maddog. I like what I see and read about it, but I would need to look into it further before buying one. I like the high visibility orange. You could set it off with a nice lime green pinstripe. I wonder how accurate they are on flight time for the battery? Time will tell all, I suppose.

Maybe that's why ISIS Drone operators seem to prefer DJI Drones?
Not kidding on that point btw - my USMC Son just got back from Xxxxx.
Every Marine Corp unit now has a basic UAS for surveillance purposes too.

ISIS Drones.jpg

If one buys an Autel X-star or X-star Premium and successfully completes the FAA Remote Pilot Certificate testing criteria and submits a request for a rebate by March 31, 2017, they will give you $150 in the form of an AMEX gift card.

According to a card I got from Galvin Flight (an authorized Autel dealer), visit www.autelrobotics.com/part-107-rebate for full details...

(After a couple of edits, I finally got that link to work).

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk
Honestly looks like they are a complete knockoff of the DJI copters. Their total flight time at 25 min looks cool. Having dedicated stateside support looks positive.

Wonder how long hey will stay in business and can they compete with the DJI onslaught. Time will tell and this may be my next brand now that 3DR is only for commercial use. Unless I just start building my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the new camera they have coming is real nice
and the 150 off for a 107 is pretty impressive

the new camera they have coming is real nice
and the 150 off for a 107 is pretty impressive
Basically pays for the 107 test. Autel is highly rated by people in the know and it is FAR from a DJI knockoff. Do some research, for the price it is hard to beat.

Um I never said it was a DJI knockoff
I do know that part
Think it was directed at me on the knockoff statement.

If you put the white Autel and the DJI side by side I think someone like my wife would have a hard time delineating between the two. Do they have some software differences, are they highly rated, yes.. Many times a duplicate can exceed the original.

However in form factor they are virtual twins except for the awesome orange color. I almost want to buy one just for that factor.

lots of people tell my charger is a nice mustang too
I can tell you for a fact, the avionics are not the same
so despite their outward similarities they are not the same bird. The phantom is actually noticeably bigger

This side by side (Autel vs DJI) picture came off the internet.

The orange is so arresting. In person they induce lust.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Photodan510

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc