The only thing I really HATE about my Solo is...

Reaction score
This Forum!

I'm lying in bed thinking about my day, and now week, and realizing I haven't flown my Solo for about a week. Now some reasons were that I was out of town and couldn't find a clear space, and we had some bad weather - even Snow, but today was perfect. Why didn't I fly?

It occurred to me as I lie here reading gloom and doom stories about people's assumptions about 3DR going down, or Lance's complaints, this place is bringing me down. I'm starting to believe all this crap.

Now my Solo is working well. I have 4 good props on my Solo, and 6 more in reserve. My 3 batteries are giving me about 15-18 minutes of footage, a slightly longer flight time in typical Spring winds, and I'm loving how much better my confidence is with the Solo over my mostly unused Phantom 2 with the H4-3D gimbal and my DIY FPV system.

I love helping people, and I've received great Help - Thanks to Everyone! But I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving due to the negativeness.

I wish Happy Flights to all. I'm sorry to those who have real issues.

I'm outtahere!

Go and read the RCGroups Solo owners thread, that might cheer you up. LOL.
Those guys want to kill each other.

Otherwise, goodbye then.

Reactions: cameraguy
This Forum!

I'm lying in bed thinking about my day, and now week, and realizing I haven't flown my Solo for about a week. Now some reasons were that I was out of town and couldn't find a clear space, and we had some bad weather - even Snow, but today was perfect. Why didn't I fly?

It occurred to me as I lie here reading gloom and doom stories about people's assumptions about 3DR going down, or Lance's complaints, this place is bringing me down. I'm starting to believe all this crap.

Now my Solo is working well. I have 4 good props on my Solo, and 6 more in reserve. My 3 batteries are giving me about 15-18 minutes of footage, a slightly longer flight time in typical Spring winds, and I'm loving how much better my confidence is with the Solo over my mostly unused Phantom 2 with the H4-3D gimbal and my DIY FPV system.

I love helping people, and I've received great Help - Thanks to Everyone! But I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving due to the negativeness.

I wish Happy Flights to all. I'm sorry to those who have real issues.

I'm outtahere!
Hi ive had my 3dr solo for 2 months now before i used a phantom 3 pro. The solo is without doubt the best stable drone on the market beautiful and smooth with awesome video footage. By the way im in Australia and enjoy reading your posts thanks.

This Forum!
I'm outtahere!

Hate to see you go, but if a forum can 'bring you down', please stay away from world news.

OK I am glad it was not just me, but you leave a group over negativity and you title your self serving exit post as
The thing I hate about my solo is

I think we will be fine without this ray of sunshine

It is a shame that negative comments can force you to just up and leave the forum. IMO, that is what the forum is for. To comment about the positive as well as the negative aspect of the sport. Granted, the extreme complainers like Lance, can get to you, but overall, hasn't the forum been more positive than negative? There are a whole lot of great people on here who bend over backwards to help us out. I hate to see you lose that resource because of a few rants by people who live for that kind of stuff. If you must go, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope your flying days are all good.

Reactions: Griffin Umbrella Co
Well, I was basically on the front line defending Solo over at RCG from the likes of people who shall not be mentioned, and mythical creatures, and a handful of other trolls, it was a mess over there. The amount of FUD was staggering. I have never seen it so bad in any other forum, even the "Ford vs Chevy" debates were more tolerable. (Ford was, is, and always will be #1 :) ) So I can relate.

It only takes a shred of truth to give a BS story enough creditably to be believable. Even after they closed the first thread and started the second thread I told them it was doomed. Sadly I was right. They closed that thread too. It wasn't until someone started a blog post, which can be moderated by the thread starter, have we had remotely civil discussions about the Solo, and moderation has been swift and fair.

Unfortunately the damage remains, over 20k posts, and a fair amount of that is FUD. Any RCG member reading that gets a totally different opinion of what Solo really is.

My point is, yes enough FUD can bring you down, and the only way to fix is to share success stories!!

Reactions: Chuck and cameraguy
Well, thanks for the kind words.

To confirm something that atlas one of the participants of this thread seemed to have missed. I really love my Solo. It works so well, I have little to no concerns about flying almost anywhere.

I joined this group to try and learn, and I have. There are many good people. I think I've also helped.

I guess last night, I was just feeling really down after another battle with our favourite troll. I'll hang around.

Thanks again for the kind words I received.

Well, I was basically on the front line defending Solo over at RCG from the likes of people who shall not be mentioned, and mythical creatures, and a handful of other trolls, it was a mess over there. The amount of FUD was staggering. I have never seen it so bad in any other forum, even the "Ford vs Chevy" debates were more tolerable. (Ford was, is, and always will be #1 :) ) So I can relate.

It only takes a shred of truth to give a BS story enough creditably to be believable. Even after they closed the first thread and started the second thread I told them it was doomed. Sadly I was right. They closed that thread too. It wasn't until someone started a blog post, which can be moderated by the thread starter, have we had remotely civil discussions about the Solo, and moderation has been swift and fair.

Unfortunately the damage remains, over 20k posts, and a fair amount of that is FUD. Any RCG member reading that gets a totally different opinion of what Solo really is.

My point is, yes enough FUD can bring you down, and the only way to fix is to share success stories!!

Yes, I've been on RCGroups before. Both as a DIY and a Phantom owner. Neither were positive experiences. The web site owner doesn't seem to care, and seems to encourage the negativism. I wish the mods here would be a little more aggressive in managing the forum

OK I am glad it was not just me, but you leave a group over negativity and you title your self serving exit post as
The thing I hate about my solo is

I think we will be fine without this ray of sunshine

Just learned where the ignore button is, and Guess what, Pyrate is my first selection!

Lmfao yea I tried arguing at RCG and got frustrated enough to search and find this place, I never looked back. I just laugh most times at these posts from people who obviously aren't too bright and move on to a useful post. They only post to argue and we won't change their minds so simply ignoring it pisses them off more than posting a reply. It's hard sometimes I know, but worthwhile in the long run.

Reactions: cameraguy
Just learned where the ignore button is, and Guess what, Pyrate is my first selection!

Camera,

I'd consider that a bad move. I'm glad you decided to stick it out but you'd better thicken your skin a bit. Believe me, I know. Pyrate is a very knowledgeable person. He can be coarse at times but we all can. He sure as hell won't beg you to stay. His contributions here certainly warrant a second thought on your behalf, you'll miss out on some very useful information.

I've learned the hard way, when someone pisses my off, I just try not to reply. I'm still working on it.;)

Jerry

People have me all wrong but that is fine, if you ever hung out with me you would have a blast.
Just have a low tolerance for drama, and I tend to call it like I see it. Some find that refreshing other people find a way to be offended
Its all good

Camera,

I'd consider that a bad move. I'm glad you decided to stick it out but you'd better thicken your skin a bit. Believe me, I know. Pyrate is a very knowledgeable person. He can be coarse at times but we all can. He sure as hell won't beg you to stay. His contributions here certainly warrant a second thought on your behalf, you'll miss out on some very useful information.

I've learned the hard way, when someone pisses my off, I just try not to reply. I'm still working on it.;)

Jerry

I understand Jerry,

The only person to like my posts when I crashed my Solo during my second week was our friend Pyrate. The only person to be thrilled I was leaving was the same guy. He's got a hard on for me, and hides behind his keyboard like a bully. Without anonymity he is nothing. Sorry to express such a hard approach.

In my opinion, I've been flying drones since 2012, DIY and Phantoms and now the Solo, there is nothing he knows I can't learn from someone else or I might already know.

In short, my life has little to benefit from this guy.

Thanks though for the kind words of encouragement and an alternative point of view

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say so I can get a response to how my feelings are getting hurt. Now what should I do?

I believe you may have Pyrate figured wrong. But that's up to you. I remember when you crashed, but you were man enough to take responsibility for it right off. That is unlike many that come in here and crash after the first week and automatically put the blame on 3DR and Solo and demand 3DR make good with their guarantee and replace/fix their Solo. By you accepting up front that you probably made a mistake was likable, not the fact that you crashed. At least, that was my take at the time and is just my opinion.

If Pyrate really did like 'because' you crashed, I'm sure he will tell you.

Glad your sticking around. But you may need to get a little thicker skin and not let typed words get to you. It will make your stay more enjoyable.

Take Care and Fly Safe..
Jubal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome video Rich. Loved that movie. Until the little montage there, I never realized how many times he said that.

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela