The lights on the drone remain green

Reaction score
Hello Everyone , I am new to drones but I decided to buy a 3DR Solo last week and when I was learning to fly it , the drone flew into a tree while in Go Home mode, It did eventually fall out of the tree ( hit the ground heavy ) , but since then the controller no longer talks to the drone. When I turn the controller and the drone the control screen reads " Waiting for Solo " and the lights on the drone remain green, I have tried pairing, rebooting, removing the battery and have done the control reset. Does anyone know what may be wrong or how to fix

Thanks Mountain Flyer, I have tried the factory reset on the Solo as well. According to the led lights this reset was good, I then reset the controller again , the controller stated that the pairing was complete, but the solo is still not responding. My tablet and solo app also states that "vehicle not found"

Thanks Mountain Flyer, I have tried the factory reset on the Solo as well. According to the led lights this reset was good, I then reset the controller again , the controller stated that the pairing was complete, but the solo is still not responding. My tablet and solo app also states that "vehicle not found"
I did down load the service manual for the solo and that is what I followed instructions for the factory resets.

Did you at some point previous change the solo password as it tells you to? When you do a factory reset your tablet remembers the password you used and tries to use that password once you reset it. With a factory reset your solo pass turns back into sololink and not what you changed it to. You might want to have your tablet forget the connection and find it again. Try sololink as the pass and see if that works.

Since the lights are staying green and that indicates that the startup sequence isn't completing I would guess it is never getting to the point of accepting connections in the startup sequence though. I would open up solo and look for any loose or bad connections and see if solo is waiting for information it isn't receiving from something internal. It is possible that something got unplugged slightly in the original fall. If solo is waiting for information from a compass or the GPS or another sensor inside and that has come loose it won't continue until it gets the information it needs.

I have done some research and have spoken to several people and the general consensus from these people say that it is more than likely that the sololink card has failed.I did contact the Australian agent but am still waiting for them to ring me back. I have it pulled apart but wont be able to do anything for a week as we are going away on a trip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus