The Hits Just Keep Coming!

Reaction score
So I finally got a chance to take my Solo back out. Decent day, 40 degrees, a bit windy at 28mph but manageable. After all my recent problems, I took it very easy and just ran it around my building a few times to make sure everything was okay. Because of the wind the battery didn't last very long so I brought it back around 15%. Turned it off, left the controller on, swapped the battery and turned it on. CALIBRATION ERROR-RESTART SOLO. So after trying that several times I gave up and came home.

Once home I tried it again a few times without success. Tried to calibrate it through the app, compass worked, level would not. I even broke out my level to make sure my table was level just to be sure. Tried it at least a dozen times....feet, left, right, nose, tail, upside down. No luck. Right now,I have taken the battery out of the controller and the Solo. I've looked over the forum for any ideas. I going to leave the battery out a couple hours. If that doesn't help, I'll reset the system. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm posting a picture just because previously I've been accused on here of making problems up or my threads to be "suspect".20170226_165517.jpg

It's most likely a hardware failure of one of the IMUs in the pixhawk. If you open a ticket to 3DR, the logs will show this. And if it is less than a year old, they will replace it.

If it is out of warranty, or you don't want to wait, you can buy a new pixhawk from mRo
3DR Pixhawk 2.0 Cube (SOLO Replacement)

Reactions: Russ Knight
Funny. Had the same experience. After about 2-3 dozen flights, everything worked fine. I would power down everything: controller, Solo, app. Then I would change the battery. Power everything back up again. Then the ONE TIME I leave everything on, change the battery, I got the same message. It was never crashed or hard landed. Did an online chat with 3DR and sent them the logs through the app. Verdict: Accelerometer Z failure. Sent everything to them for a replacement. Waiting on the replacement now. Have my concern about what exactly I will get back. I was leaning toward doing the Pixhawk replacement myself. But it was under warranty, so...

I can assure you it isn't related to leaving the controller on. The situation sucks, but it's definitely not that.

Funny. Had the same experience. After about 2-3 dozen flights, everything worked fine. I would power down everything: controller, Solo, app. Then I would change the battery. Power everything back up again. Then the ONE TIME I leave everything on, change the battery, I got the same message. It was never crashed or hard landed. Did an online chat with 3DR and sent them the logs through the app. Verdict: Accelerometer Z failure. Sent everything to them for a replacement. Waiting on the replacement now. Have my concern about what exactly I will get back. I was leaning toward doing the Pixhawk replacement myself. But it was under warranty, so...

Yea, I'm trying really hard to give this platform one more chance but...

I'm also reluctant to modify the unit white its under warranty. I asked them about the GPS mod but they won't install it for me. Sniffle. The half off code is expired so it costs $30. For $80 I can get either GPS module but there goes the warranty. However, since both MRO and Drotek recommend the GPS mod anyway might just go ahead and get it. Geez, funny thing is, that's the only problem I've never had. My Solo is usually ready by the time I get the props on and everything else is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea