Tether System for 3DRobotics Solo

I could easily see the advantages for it at weddings I shoot, I would no longer need to only capture part of the ceremony and could use the whole ceremony to edit int their final product.

Any idea when and how much?

I've always wondered how that works. How would you be able to shoot throughout the wedding if the drone is so noisy?

I'd love to clear up my confusion.

I normally film from a safe and semi quiet distance. With outdoor weddings the scenery during the ceremony is what matters most, the processional and recessional are key images for the film as it sets the scene. Limited use of the vows or readings in the film. One of the fun parts is the bubbles to exit from the chapel with all the guests (the noise doesn't matter during this)

I found out $1600 for 150' tether, I'll wait for the price to come closer to the ground before adding the tether option.

Reactions: Tamj
As with anything that makes noise, it depends entirely on the surroundings. Trees, buildings, ground cover, pavement vs grass, ambient noise from traffic and wind, etc all go into how loud the drone will sound to humans on the ground. A wedding on a beach will sound different than a wedding in a field, or a wedding in an urban area surrounded by other buildings.

I would like to use it for "time lapse shots" so no movement horizontally. I i would use a 12V car battery "90 Amp hours"

I think you'd wanna convert to, say, 20VAC for the up-the-wire traverse. No voltage drop, thinner wires as a result. Simple, lightweight full wave bridge rectifier inside the battery housing with maybe an arduino to speak SMBUS. Bundle it alongside a synthetic lightweight line (vectran, dyneema, technora) for strength and Bob's your relative, methinks .

Reactions: SteveReno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela