Telemetry Data via Accessory Port?

Reaction score
I have been doing a fair amount of research on this question but I keep finding contradicting information and can't find a definitive answer. Is it possible to use the Serial 2 port to get Mavlink telemetry data to an external device via the accessory port? And if so what steps are required to make this happen? I am trying to integrate a Micasense Rededge with my Solo and pass the GPS location information from the Solo to the camera as to reduce the redundancy of using two GPS systems and also remove the less precise 3DR legacy GPS that comes bundled with the camera. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

Serial 2 is indeed available from the accessory bay and does not require any special or crazy configuration. The most you may need to do is change a parameter in Tower or Mission planner to enable it if it doesn't enable itself.

Hi ApisBotix,

I'm looking to do something similar. Wondering if you managed to do this? I'm also wondering if there's a way to program the pixhawk to talk to the rededge via MAVlink over Serial2 (i.e. not just send telemetry, but pass messages). The serial API is here: RedEdge Serial API

Thanks!

Are the Serial 2 RX/TX pins on the accessory bay breakout board the same as connecting to those respective pins from the Telem 2 port on the Pixhawk? I'd like to use this integration guide but want to use a breakout board instead of running cable through to the pixhawk.

Yes. FYI, I have these available if you are interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo