Taking a solo through security and on a plane

Reaction score
this past weekend it was my sisters wedding so I wanted to bring my drone and get some cool shots. I was a little bit worried about taking it through security, not knowing if I have to take it out like a laptop or what to do with it. So I just kept it in my solo backpack and put it through the X-ray machine. At both Denver and Chicago midway they had to check my drone and swabbed it for bomb residue I'm assuming. So if anyone wants to fly with their drone I say go for it but show up early enough to get hassled by TSA and still make your flight

Took mine thru DFW and Denver. Both places opened it up, asked a couple questions, and let me on my way. Took no longer than 2-3 extra minutes.

Cool. I'm taking mine to Mexico next week. The gpc case is good for "carry on", on Alaskan Air Lines, but not South West..... the back pack would work, just don't want to spend $150 on something I will only use for a week. Could check the Solo and just carry the batteries? not sure how the "one in device and 2 spares" would go with out the device.

I use my backpack to bring it on hikes with me. It's honestly pretty useful, but I understand it being expensive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000